• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2510 Display problems and other problems

D

Detail man

Got a used 2510 for a song and have fixed the AM tx problem with Rogerbirds help. All of a sudden strange things are happening.

After being turned off all night it takes a very long time for the display to come on. I've thought I've found the problem a couple of times but seems to keep on doing it every morning.

I've replaced many caps on both boards to no avail. Latest development this morning when it didn't turn on I was poking around and touched the legs of IC107 8v reg.and it came on.

Changed the regulator and C149. When I went back on the channels on SSB it seems as if the frequency had changed slightly. Previously clarifier had been roughly at 11.30 and now it sits at about 3.00.

L116 117 118 seem to have no effect on frequency.

Don't really know what to make of this.

Help

Detailman

</p>

Got a used 2510 for a song and have fixed the AM tx problem with Rogerbirds help. All of a sudden strange things are happening.

After being turned off all night it takes a very long time for the display to come on. I've thought I've found the problem a couple of times but seems to keep on doing it every morning.

I've replaced many caps on both boards to no avail. Latest development this morning when it didn't turn on I was poking around and touched the legs of IC107 8v reg.and it came on.

Changed the regulator and C149. When I went back on the channels on SSB it seems as if the frequency had changed slightly. Previously clarifier had been roughly at 11.30 and now it sits at about 3.00.

L116 117 118 seem to have no effect on frequency.

Don't really know what to make of this.

Help

Detailman

</p>

HI,

Does this have a Chipswitch?

If so, try a Processor Reset.

What is the Output measurement of the IC107?

Also check the regulators on the Microprcessor PCB.

What does the epoxy that secures the Regulators on the Micro board look like? Is it Tanor yellow and slightly soft or Brown or Black and Brittle?

This could be a problem.

Roger

</p>

HI,

Does this have a Chipswitch?

If so, try a Processor Reset.

What is the Output measurement of the IC107?

Also check the regulators on the Microprcessor PCB.

What does the epoxy that secures the Regulators on the Micro board look like? Is it Tanor yellow and slightly soft or Brown or Black and Brittle?

This could be a problem.

Roger

</p>

Hi,

Yes the voltage from IC107 will effect the freq.

Output of the reg should be a steady 8v

You mentioned the Regulators on the Micro Board, and the Brittle Glue.

!! Very important !!

The Glue can be Corrosive and Conductive!!! When it has changed from the Soft to the Brittle It has been noted that it can cause problems. Make sure to carefully remove all 'BAD' glue and clean the PCB and check for open circuit traces that coould have been damaged by the corrosive glue.

(I have also seen postings on Radio and TV repair sites talking about the same problems)

About the adjustments to the freq coils..

1) are you sure you are looking at the correct coils?

[dumb question but has to be asked]

2) are you following the adjustment/alignment procedure?

3) Are you using a reliable external Frequency counter or O-Scope to perform the adjustments? (the radios freq display will not change as you tune these coils)

4) are you connected to the proper TP1(testpoint) to measure the adjustments of the coils?

Sorry if I am asking Obvious questions but I have to do it If I am going to help.

Roger

</p>

Hi,

Yes the voltage from IC107 will effect the freq.

Output of the reg should be a steady 8v

You mentioned the Regulators on the Micro Board, and the Brittle Glue.

!! Very important !!

The Glue can be Corrosive and Conductive!!! When it has changed from the Soft to the Brittle It has been noted that it can cause problems. Make sure to carefully remove all 'BAD' glue and clean the PCB and check for open circuit traces that coould have been damaged by the corrosive glue.

(I have also seen postings on Radio and TV repair sites talking about the same problems)

About the adjustments to the freq coils..

1) are you sure you are looking at the correct coils?

[dumb question but has to be asked]

2) are you following the adjustment/alignment procedure?

3) Are you using a reliable external Frequency counter or O-Scope to perform the adjustments? (the radios freq display will not change as you tune these coils)

4) are you connected to the proper TP1(testpoint) to measure the adjustments of the coils?

Sorry if I am asking Obvious questions but I have to do it If I am going to help.

Roger

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.