• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2510 with top gun modulator?

Well......the 2510 is a low level modulation type X-mitter and the only person to deal with this issiue effectivly was Rogerbird using internal mod's. I was wondering if anyone had attempted to use the top gun or other speech processing to "pump up' the audio a little in these otherwise awesome units? And would one have to beef up the final amp stage a little to handle the extra "swat" and not overload?

i agree put on a power mike.dont ruin a great radio by adding that other garabe.is your radio tuned up?should be a vr pod inside to increase your audio aswell

While it will never be mistake for a well tuned general lee or on of the bigger galaxy's, my "doc-tuned" 2510 gets nothing but good reports on the AM audio as well as ssb.
YMMV
preacherman

I would agree, have Doc or Rogerbird tune it. If you do want to try something else send it to Bob's and have an SP-1A installed.

I've done rogerbirds internal mods and run a m6b power mic, which i had to turn down after the mods. so i would say don't waste your money or ruin a good thing.

wow, I've known a couple of 2510s and I never would call them low mod.
I'd send in in to have it looked at, those are some loud radios.

yea same here even without all the top gun jumbo stuff
im thinking the vr for audio is turned down.weres your mic
gain button is it pushed in or out?what type of mic ya running

The term "low level modulation" refers to the design of the modulation circuit, not how "loud" the radio sounds.

http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~gjrp/EE3/Comms/Lecture4/sld004.htm

I don't know whether or not the 2510 uses low level modulation...i never looked at it's circuit or block diagram.

But besides that, isn't the top gun modulater just an NPC/RC circuit? If it is, why would you want to do that to a 2510?

Bill Good used to do up a 2510 like few others. I wish I had one that he did, or knew his mods so I could do my own...

Moleculo said:
The term "low level modulation" refers to the design of the modulation circuit, not how "loud" the radio sounds.

http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~gjrp/EE3/Comms/Lecture4/sld004.htm

I don't know whether or not the 2510 uses low level modulation...i never looked at it's circuit or block diagram.

But besides that, isn't the top gun modulater just an NPC/RC circuit? If it is, why would you want to do that to a 2510?

Bill Good used to do up a 2510 like few others. I wish I had one that he did, or knew his mods so I could do my own...
i agree with ya totally why trash a very good radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.