• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2517 issues

Nov 27, 2016
I recently traded up a galaxy 2517. The older version with a 2166 driver and two 2312's. I can not for the life of me get it to swing more than 6 watts on am and 8 on side band. Also noticed the variable power will only turn up to 3 watts no matter where you adjust the high low inside the radio. What do yall think is going on? Maybe the driver shot possibly? One or both of the finals damaged? The radio is in pristine condition cosmetically and the only thing that appears to have been done to the radio is the cb band conversion. Any thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

I've went through the transmit alignment procedure for the 690010z board. Still 6 watts. I'm wondering if I don't have a driver or a final bad

I've went through the transmit alignment procedure for the 690010z board. Still 6 watts. I'm wondering if I don't have a driver or a final bad

Easy way to check. Desolder the base on one of the finals, check output. Resolder and do the same with the other final. Whichever one shows no output when its base is soldered is defective.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.