• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

29 ltd tx audio

stingray

Dec 12, 2008
a tech told me that changing c78 from .01 to a .001 will make the tx audio sound better. any ideas on this one?

a tech told me that changing c78 from .01 to a .001 will make the tx audio sound better. any ideas on this one?

You can make you radio sound different by changing caps, some people will argue if its better or not. Most likely you will have to change more than just one to make a big difference. By changing the caps you can widen your frequency response on transmit and/or receive.

I dont know about C78 (have not looked at the schematic) but if it is in the audio chain it will most likely give you more high end tones by going to a smaller cap.

I have found that widening the receive does make you radio sound better (IMO) I think it makes for easier listening and a more full sounding receive.

On the transmit side, you can do a lot to open up your transmit but it depends on a lot of variables, type of radio, what caps you change, your microphone and even your voice.

If your microphone has to much low tone changing C78 might work to give you a higher tone? (I dont know if C78 is the right cap so dont quote me)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.