• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950dx 3 problems.

The one warranty repair center I was familiar with was a shop near Chicago. I always have trouble remembering the name. Anyways, the dude used to do repairs and worked for Cobra and Dynascan back in the day.

You probably know the guy. I have a couple threads about my conversations and experiences with his shop. I sent 3 different radios over a couple years for warranty work, everything came back working nicely.

Trying to remember his name.

I think so. Did he or someone work for Dynascan and Cobra. I can't remember, but I think there was a separate address or something... CNC ???

Hell, I can't remember.

I emailed Ranger yesterday. Waiting for a reply and authorization to send the radio in.
I will be asking for the radio to be set back to factory specs.
I don't care about AM really so being set factory stock it should sound clean and clear on AM.
SSB is my thing and the radio should also sound clean and clear without being all turned up.

Radio is back from Ranger service in Ramona,CA. About a 3 week turn around time. They must be buys fixing supertunes and custom mods ect.
My radio had a bad Transistor part number T2B00827S and a bad Audio IC part number ENSG02003V.
Radio also had a complete alignment done.
My repair invoice shows
Modulation set to 98%
Pwr SSB 30 Pep
Pwr AM/FM 2-11
Receiver sensitivity .2uV
My radio is working very good now vs how it was upon receiving it from Bells.
Why crank up a radio past its design limits?
I guess some just love to see a few extra watts on a power meter.

Why crank up a radio past its design limits? I guess some just love to see a few extra watts on a power meter.

Tweaking the radio, sadly is a culture that has been around and will always be.
If I do an alignment it get the full treatment with spectrum analyzer and tuned to factory and FCC approved standards.
If people want more watts out of this type of radio just step up and buy the 2970.

They tend to "tune" their radios on the hot side, I wouldn't be surprised if this caused the problems.

yep , i turned my power down when i got it . and still talk around the world .
they sure do come running a lil higher than needed atleast for ragchewing

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.