• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2sc2290 in a connex or galaxy

I haven't and not sure if anyone here has but the thought of swapping an amp from any of those ranger built radios I'm sure has crossed the minds of many. Even if just to see how it works out. Barkett sells many of those amp boards. Do your cross referencing and it can be done, the question is what the results will be.

Yes, I have. Also strapped the bottom of an FFC4 to a Stryker 955. Put the bottom of a 98vhp to several radios, 959 and 939.

Sometimes, just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. That’s how I’ll summarize the experiences.

And now I’ll say I’m a glutton for punishment cause I’m still trying to work out strapping that 98vhp bottom to a Magnum S9.

Years ago FGBest down in So Cal used to build some Galaxy radios with a 2290 mounted to the back of the chassis.
I thought there were some pictures here somewhere but I have searched and cannot find them.
That's back when Bill Good was still alive...rip.

Jeff

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
So, i found this and sent an email to see what this boards status is.

That video popped up on my YouTube feed yesterday so had to watch it. Noticing it was a few years back I wondered if that whole concept came to fruition but it just stayed a thought in my head. Looks like you acted on the thought so let us know what kind of reply you get.

I'm not a facebooker either and second the questions above.
I was gonna build one then found out dude on FB was making one so I wanted to see his board so I bought one. It’s built on the Connex CX4300HP final section. My only gripe was the way they did the tabs. I wanted to make boards for myself for 1969 replacements.Nothing special really. View attachment 40554
Also, what exactly do you mean about the tabs?

I never got around to installing the board. My issue with the tab is that the metal tab mounts to the board then it’s screwed into the chassis. So the tab never makes a metal to metal contact with the chassis for efficient heat transfer. It may work fine , as Connex’s daughter board is built the same and works in the radio as is. It’s just my personal taste to get metal to metal contact. I’ll send him a message and pass along his info.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?