• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2sc2290 in a connex or galaxy

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
Years back there was a site on the internet that showed how to remove the final on a galaxy/connex and replace it with a 2sc 2290. Did anyone happen to save that info? It does not seem to show up anymore.
Thanks

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Nomad. I remem
ber that one There was also one similar to the conversion done on a hr2510. At one time somebody had also copied what was on the internet and was selling the plans on eBay that is all that happened to show up I am hoping Sonoma copied the information off the internet.
Pardon all the errors I am doing this from my phone and forgot my glasses

I would just buy a hp40 but do not want the to run the 10g wire from the battery. Not sure I will even do this. It is a idea though.

Sonoma I think I saved it on my old computer that crashed.
Thanks.

Thanks Sonoma, I will put this in my note book. I have one question though, how do you determine what the SWR is between the 1969 and the 2290? if the 2290 was a separate amp then an SWR meter would work. Just wondering how to know what the match is between the stages. I have a Stryker 440 with a Toshiba pill in it, I will have to take another look. THX
Chris

Sonoma.
Here is all that I came up with was a part of a listing that someone copied and then sold on e bay. You did not have any other pictures of the finished job by any chance?
s-l1600.jpg

Low Boy I just finished going through all my saved items and do not have any thing else.since I never really tried this mod since it was so costly I guess I did not even save any more than the one page I had.
I did do one radio years ago since I had one pill to try it on.. that was about 20 years ago.
maybe some one else will have more.

Andy that is the radio that got me thinking about all this. I fixed one for a friend at work and could not believe how smooth and nice sounding that radio was.

Low Boy that was so long ago. I think I only got about 60 watts out of it. was not real crazy with the mod so never tried it again. I was getting about 30 to 35 out of the radio I did it on and not much of an increase. easier just to put a KL203 amp on the radio.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated