• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2SD313 Upgrade Voltage Regultor

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
What do you guys like for this? It is a base station and I am not looking to get more power out but since the part is rated for 3A and the unit is rated for 2.5A that is not much headroom.

I have mobile radio's that use this same part from the 1980's so it would be nice to stock a few upgraded parts. When things fail I like to put something a bit better in.

I like to upgrade but I do not need to go over the top just better than stock! I am running this base off the OEM 110V AC system.

What do you guys like for this? It is a base station and I am not looking to get more power out but since the part is rated for 3A and the unit is rated for 2.5A that is not much headroom.

I have mobile radio's that use this same part from the 1980's so it would be nice to stock a few upgraded parts. When things fail I like to put something a bit better in.

I like to upgrade but I do not need to go over the top just better than stock! I am running this base off the OEM 110V AC system.

You said a lot of nothing.
How about make and model of the radio - for starters.

Saw a lot of 2SD313 in car-stereo and in small 6-to-10 Watt home stereo amplifiers 35 or more years ago.

Our standard replacement for it is the 2SD613. Sure, it's a pretty generic part that could be replaced by dozens of other types. But the 313 had a fairly high gain (hfe). The 613 does also, and is rated for 6 Amps. Subbing parts in a speaker amplifier required paying attention to the transistor's current gain.

Just remember a higher current rating never helps unless the heat sink it's bolted to is large enough to prevent overheating. A 3-Amp part and a 6-Amp part will both melt down at the same temperature, no matter what the circuit current is.

But yes, there is probably a list of 100 or more part numbers out there that would do the same job in a DC power supply. But that's what we use to replace the '313.

Reactions: BBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.