• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

307 Amps?

Would any of the amp guru's here be willing to look at one of I sent one? It's a local guy that could be full of crud, or genius. I don't know. Obviously I'd love to have a local builder that was good. If anyone knowledgeable wants to check one out, let me know and I will send you the funds to order one yourself if you'd like. I have an 8 pill on the way, but I'll pay for another if necessary.

It might even be better to keep it completely anonymous and just use a third party for the money? If you are a legitimate amp guy, contact a pillar of this community and we can anonymously run the money through them. None of us are stupid, so nobody is getting a free amp here. This isn't an invitation to act dumb.

A group of us were talking local in NE Indiana last week, we talked to him on 36 LSB. I am now curious myself. I wish he could do a nice filtered class AB amplifier. Someone e-mailed him and I think he either just adds a delay to a class C box or maybe he does the class B with a delay.

A group of us were talking local in NE Indiana last week, we talked to him on 36 LSB. I am now curious myself. I wish he could do a nice filtered class AB amplifier. Someone e-mailed him and I think he either just adds a delay to a class C box or maybe he does the class B with a delay.
Does anyone offer AB?

The last real, regulated, biased amp builder. ( well for this band anyway )was Boo but I don't think he has built anything in years.
There are a few guys here that may still have one.

Jeff

The Tinman did a biased amp for me that is now with another forum member. I don't know what ever happened to him. I'm thinking a few years back when there were some fcc rats that he pulled the plug on his shop but that's only speculation.

Why does nobody do ab anymore? Is it really that complicated? Is ab that much better tha b? Is it just higher draw for less output turns people off?
Yes, everyone had become conditioned that class c makes more watts from less amps.
When this one builder figured out that if you build a class c comp amp and design it to run at 20 volts you could get hugh numbers out of Toshiba's.
There a a old saying in the automotive industry, win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
Well he started cutting lips off and everyone wanted one.
Then came the clone wars, but the clone builders did not understand what they were doing, just copy and build.
Some could not get past tuning more than 2 transistors.
Things like negative feedback were bad because it got you less watts.
Regulated bias caused more amp draw that no one on the line cared about in AM for 20 second keys.
All of this was fine for guys in mobile rigs running motor mails @19 or 20 volts and only keyed for the belt, but not so much for daily drivers.
I remember a guy a long time ago here on the forum that Peek a boo built a very nice biased amp with regulated adjustable bias for him. He got on the forum complaining that it would not put out the watts his 8 pill class c amp did, and it was using more amps.
Some guy's just said screw it and stopped building biased amps.
It takes more parts, more effort, and a customer that understands what they are buying.

Jeff

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated