• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3cx3000 amp with high SWR when hooked up ??

Sscottert1

Mar 17, 2017
I have a 3cx3000 amp that I haven’t used in a while because I just moved . I was setting up my equipment again when I noticed with my rig expert that my SWR was around a 2.5 So I was investigating the source of the high SWR because I know my antenna system was 1.1 . Long story short with just the tube amp inline and the antenna I have 2.5 . I also tried messing with the load and tube and input tune on the amp when off but still Didn’t change any idea what can it be ?

still trying to lower my swr , tried patch cords just the box hooked up I'm at 2.6 swr ?
Try this, put a dummy load on the antenna side of the 3000 amp, the sir meter on the input side and check the sir through the amp, if the sir is high then the pss through sir is what you are seeing, a technician familiar with amps will be able to help, usually the long and/or open leads inside the amp causes this, usually can be corrected with capacitance on the feed through .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.