• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 pill amp

I don't know what kind of four pill I would get but I'm keeping watch on this thread.
I did hear an old boy talking skip yesterday on a four pill fat boy pushing 78 watts into it so he said.
I don't know what kind of radio it was but it sure sounded choice.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I don't know what kind of four pill I would get but I'm keeping watch on this thread.
I did hear an old boy talking skip yesterday on a four pill fat boy pushing 78 watts into it so he said.
I don't know what kind of radio it was but it sure sounded choice.
I have nothing bad to say about fat boy, but I will say this. I've looked under the hood of the new Dave made stuff, from Dave made amps.com, I got to say it's probably the best made CB pillbox right now using the HG pills. Pills. They're biasing is correct at least for their style of biasing, and they have a really good tune on them and they're extremely reliable. Most of the other guys boxes falls apart around 14 volts, the Dave made stuff lives perfectly fine at 15 and a stable up to 17. At least from the stuff we've played with. I'm actually impressed.
The Dave made box currently, is doing things differently than everybody's elses. It's probably not readily apparent by glancing at it though.

I ordered a two pill 2290 box to use as a driver on my test bench, that should tell you something

I have nothing bad to say about fat boy, but I will say this. I've looked under the hood of the new Dave made stuff, from Dave made amps.com, I got to say it's probably the best made CB pillbox right now using the HG pills. Pills. They're biasing is correct at least for their style of biasing, and they have a really good tune on them and they're extremely reliable. Most of the other guys boxes falls apart around 14 volts, the Dave made stuff lives perfectly fine at 15 and a stable up to 17. At least from the stuff we've played with. I'm actually impressed.
The Dave made box currently, is doing things differently than everybody's elses. It's probably not readily apparent by glancing at it though.

I ordered a two pill 2290 box to use as a driver on my test bench, that should tell you something
I also have to say that the amps coming from the dave camp are a step up from years ago.
There was a time they did not even have negative feedback or bias.
Lol
Me and Concrete used to argue about building amps with bias....

Sometimes I miss him around here.
Anyway
DM has evolved a bit from 15 years ago.

Jeff

Reactions: Keto and linearone
Fundamentally speaking, there's an enormous difference in the customer base between hamsters and cb. The truth of the matter is in the CB world Watts sell. Nobody cares about how clean it is, the people that do are very much in the minority.

Yep that's right you're putting your money down there that says a lot.
It's good to hear what's really going on with these amps guys are building.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated