• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 Sale Galaxy DX94

Recon

NY 881
Jul 28, 2019
Up-State NY
I purchased this radio new on Aug. 16, 2022, from a respectable CB Radio Shop. The only modification was the conversion to 11 meters. I have not removed the covers since I received the radio. Looks and works great! I'm getting into the FM arena. Original factory box, operator's manual, microphone, microphone holder, power cord, mobile mounting bracket and associated hardware. I used this radio as a base unit, and never used it with an external amplifier. I will ship the radio with the original box inside another box. Total weight: 9.6 Lbs. Dimensions: 8" High X 20" Wide X 13" Deep. $275.00 + UPS shipping from 13440.

As you venture into the FM world, you may want to keep your AM/sideband gear.

You will probably discover (just like 2m SSB vs FM) that FM is a "strong signal" mode. When signals fade, they fade off hard and when another signal that is a bit stronger comes in, thats who you hear. I think the excitement for 11m FM is crazy, its just another selling point.

As you venture into the FM world, you may want to keep your AM/sideband gear.

You will probably discover (just like 2m SSB vs FM) that FM is a "strong signal" mode. When signals fade, they fade off hard and when another signal that is a bit stronger comes in, thats who you hear. I think the excitement for 11m FM is crazy, its just another selling point.
Yes, I agree with you. I've been using FM on my 2980WX and I'm not impressed, but there are about five or six local guys using FM just to escape the "children", but I'm in favor of using the "lower & upper frequencies.

Yes, I agree with you. I've been using FM on my 2980WX and I'm not impressed, but there are about five or six local guys using FM just to escape the "children", but I'm in favor of using the "lower & upper frequencies.
Yea if you want to have a local QSO and not be bothered, FM is definitely the way to go.

Reactions: undertaker
I purchased this radio new on Aug. 16, 2022, from a respectable CB Radio Shop. The only modification was the conversion to 11 meters. I have not removed the covers since I received the radio. Looks and works great! I'm getting into the FM arena. Original factory box, operator's manual, microphone, microphone holder, power cord, mobile mounting bracket and associated hardware. I used this radio as a base unit, and never used it with an external amplifier. I will ship the radio with the original box inside another box. Total weight: 9.6 Lbs. Dimensions: 8" High X 20" Wide X 13" Deep. $275.00 + UPS shipping from 13440.
SOLD!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Got the radio today and checked out. Everything works as it should and makes rated power. This looks like a new radio with the plastic still on the radio case. I pulled the masking tape off the chrome bezel, and it is just as clear and shiny as the day it was born.

This is the third radio I have bought from @Recon, and again a great deal. His descriptions are accurate, packaging great, and a pleasure to deal with. I would not hesitate to buy anything else from him.

How can this post / subject be deleted because I have sold this radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated