• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40 years ago...Pink Floyd's....

Wire Dawg

Jul 21, 2012
The Dark Side Of The Moon was released. 3rd best selling album ever & the one that gets the woofers on my Klipsch Fortes dusted out every time. Will be getting AK's crossovers to revive the speakers and celebrate Dark Side's anniversary with a tall glass of lemonade, even though I'm shorter of breath and one day closer to death. It defines my generation: 50+ years have gone behind me...no one told me when to run...I missed the starting gun

Reactions: 8 people

#1: Michael Jackson: Thriller (1982) 65 million

#2: AC/DC: Back in Black (1980) 50 million

#3: Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon (1973) 50 million

#4: Whitney Houston: The Bodyguard (1992) 45 million

#5: Michael Jackson: Bad (1987) 45 million

#6: Meat Loaf: Bat Out of Hell (1977) 43 million ??????????!!!!!!!

#7: Eagles: Their Greatest Hits (1976) 42 million

#8: Bee Gees: Saturday Night Fever (1977) 40 million

#9: Fleetwood Mac: Rumours (1977) 40 million

#10: Shania Twain: Come On Over (1997) 40 million

Strange list.

Dark Side Of The Moon is my "Classic Rock", one hell of an album for the long lonely roads at night.

I'm more of the #2 on the list generation. Still getting a bit shocked to hear it called Classic Rock.:eek:

I think it was in 93 or 94 when I saw Floyd in Columbus, Ohio. Decent show. Our seats were crappy, but good show nonetheless. I believe it was the Division Bell tour. I remember seeing like 40-50 trucks carrying their set. Buckeye Stadium was packed to the hilt. I was still in a haze, so memory is vague.

My kids want me to take them to see Pink next time she's close. I think I'll find them a suitable chaperone while I wait in my car, whip out my harp and jam to Grand Funk.

I had this album back in the 80's Ilistened to: A Momentary Lapse of Reason album. I remember playing it on the way back from the beach. I had joined up with my brother's family at the beach. My niece rode with me coming back from the beach and started crying when I played Pink Floyd. Everyone had to stop and do a passenger transfer. Aggressive rock was my choice for music back in the 70's. nowadays I listen to Holy Spirit inspired music.
Hillsong - Mighty to Save - With Subtitles/Lyrics - YouTube
Worthy Is The Lamb - YouTube

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed the clarity and special effects pioneered by Pink Floyd thru a Carver Sonic Hologram. Pink moments embedded in my brain include the "egg fry" from Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast (Atom Heart Mother). It was like an egg cracks right in front of me. Or the gut ruffle felt at the ''door closing'' on Wish You Were Here. While the earlier 60's music was not much to write home about, The Dark Side of the Moon really got them out. A true masterpiece.

Dude111 said:
I have THE WALL album and love just about every song :)
Now I have 2 more Pink Floyd records!!

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
I WISH YOU WERE HERE

Both are thankfully the original pressings :)

We used to call it "Head music"

I got their first albums with Acid Barret.....weird music.

I now have yet ANOTHER PINK FLOYD ALBUM!! (Well 2) -- "A nice pair"

Its the first 2 albums and I tell ya hearing SYD BARRETT is kinda strange.... A different PINK FLOYD than i remember!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.