• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4233BA Workman blue channel display on 29 LTD Classic!

you could also get one of these which might subdue it a bit:
753036.jpg

https://www.wearecb.com/cobra-753036-blue-led-cover-29ltd-chrome.html

LC
Makes for a clean install with this cover but it's a little pricey for what it is in my opinion. You could get a sheet of cfw-blue and make several lens filters for less. I think you can get a sheet for 4 or 5 bucks last time I checked fleabay. Adding some resistance will yield much better results in conjunction with the lens though

Makes for a clean install with this cover but it's a little pricey for what it is in my opinion. You could get a sheet of cfw-blue and make several lens filters for less. I think you can get a sheet for 4 or 5 bucks last time I checked fleabay. Adding some resistance will yield much better results in conjunction with the lens though
Thanks for that info!
Much appreciated!

Reactions: Eldorado828

yeah it's a bit pricey, just like everything else on that site, but they are the only place i've found that has them.

the advantage to using that piece over the plexi is that it will hold the channel display in the correct position behind the faceplate.
i can't remember whether or not it's the only thing holding it there in the 29LTD, but if you were changing a 148 over to blue, that lens is the thing that holds the display PC board in place.
LC

Reactions: D.R. Howell
yeah it's a bit pricey, just like everything else on that site, but they are the only place i've found that has them.

the advantage to using that piece over the plexi is that it will hold the channel display in the correct position behind the faceplate.
i can't remember whether or not it's the only thing holding it there in the 29LTD, but if you were changing a 148 over to blue, that lens is the thing that holds the display PC board in place.
LC
I’ve got a 148 I am about to do blue, completed the 29 LTD Philippines version and it looks great. Thanks for the input on here. Saves a lot of headaches when others give their hands on experience’s!

I thought that part number was for displays that work in the Cobra 25/ PC-68 style radios.
I forget if it is commom cathode or common anode.

I've bought a few of the blue workman display LED's for Cobra 25 LTD radios, I think with that same part number, but it's been a while and I forget..

It was really bright, too bright.
I had to change a resistor value to dim it a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.