• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4X4 Rincon ..ATV C.B.

I seem to have accumulated a few CB"s parts etc so I thought this would be cool it already has a GPS. The radio is a Radio Shack and a friend gave me a new Wilson silver something it's like a Fire Stick. When the regular base CB'ers got on last night I got out from my basement about 3 to 4 miles to two base radios. I was also surprised that my Rincon put out very little electrical hash and the ANL removed other buzz and stuff well and the volume on the radio can be heard well in the 65 mph area. It's a fully automatic transmission like a automobile "Torque Converter" so keying the mike and braking with both or either hand and foot levers and the throttle on the right makes it very easy and fun to use. I also have a mobile amp about 50 watts...nah...hmm

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Cool project. I would be curious about the amount of ground plane that bumper can provide. Please post your future experience with this project. (y)

atv skip

About 20 years ago I could hear two guys talking about their deer stands and crossing the creek to get to the "sweet spot" for their hunt. Listened to them for about 15 minutes. Finally broke in and asked them where they were. Both sides of their conversation was as clear as a bell. One of the guys came back and said that they were some where in North Carolina on their atvs in the woods. I was about an hour south of Little Rock Ar. traveling down I-30. They didn't believe me, but they didn't realize what can be heard during good skip.

Reactions: 2 people
I took it apart and silicone both cabinet cases and the microphone has a drip guard as long as you hang it the right way and it has a quick release for the radio removal takes about 5 or seconds to remove it. So now the only thing left is not going in water "which I have done" that is higher than the front rack.

Looks Good an nice Job an ATV ! Now someone has to give you one of those so called weather tight radios , I have even seen them in yellow ! lol:pop:

I like the tupperware or something similar. You could easily cut down the front and back, cut holes just big enough for the wires and slide the wires down the cut to the hole and seal it back up. Just pull the lid to turn on/off ect.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.