• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

5 moible Mic's on the table pick one.

5 mic's on the Table, take one olny!

• Astadic D104 M6B

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • RF Limited CR577 ceramic Mic

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Ranger SRA198 Mic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Road King RK56

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Sky Thumper ST65DX

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

id suggest trying what you have and see what kind of comments you get on your audio , that's what matters in the long run . ive only used the 56k out of the ones you mentioned , was told the road king dp56 sounded better and that the 2018 xtreme sounded best without echo , even better than the old D104 . never read any bad comments about the 198 though .

If it is to be used for a base station and you want to spend little money; then I would choose either the CR-577 first and the D-104/M6 second.
Wouldn't even bother with those other three mics.

Otherwise, I would choose to run a real pro mic preamp and a real pro mic.
Yepperz!

Reactions: 1 person
I love my 577 for a mobile. For a base you might think about a Astatic 878 there usually under $60. If you can find a older one that has tone control they have a near identical sound to a Astatic 575

A70-05008.gif

If you force me to pick 577 hands down!

The two top voted have the most intelligible audio response

The two top voted have the most intelligible audio response, no doubt. I voted the RK because its the most durable one out of the bunch with great audio and does not require battery. Personally, however I use a Road Devil and change the battery out every 4 months.

Some of the mic's I have some I don't there are no echo mic's because I have it in the radio (Magnum S45HP)

Noise cancelling mics suck whether used mobile or base.
The top 2 are the best...especially with an export radio.

Noise cancelling mics suck whether used mobile or base.
The top 2 are the best...especially with an export radio.

Odd, With my Connex Saturn CX-33SSB everyone says the ST-65 sounds best and i have tryed all the mics listed and more except the RF Limited CR577. I guess it all comes down to what the user sounds best using.

First and foremost what works for my voice may sound like crap for yours. I have found for me its the ST65 but for some reason I go through switch on them :(
I would say the M6B.

Odd, With my Connex Saturn CX-33SSB everyone says the ST-65 sounds best and i have tryed all the mics listed and more except the RF Limited CR577. I guess it all comes down to what the user sounds best using.

I bought a ST-65 from Sparky's a while back and even though the tone was good, my Cobra coffin style stock mic was quite a bit louder. I don't rely on other people's opinions....I'll have a friend drive my truck so I can hear it for myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.