• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

55r4

really ?
two and a half MHz of bandwidth and not even a .1 rise from 1.0 , a perfect 50 ohms for 2 1/2 MHz ............. AMAZING !
what meter and tuning/install method did you use to achieve that impressive result ?

im with you BM i really want one of those meters as i could make a small fortune !:whistle:

really ?
two and a half MHz of bandwidth and not even a .1 rise from 1.0 , a perfect 50 ohms for 2 1/2 MHz ............. AMAZING !
what meter and tuning/install method did you use to achieve that impressive result ?

yanking your chain there booty m. :thumbdown: the 10k only does cb band and a small small portion below 10 meter band.

yanking your chain there booty m. :thumbdown: the 10k only does cb band and a small small portion below 10 meter band.
yes you may be yanking something but as you stated
{quote}wide-banded? my ten-k with just 20w, at swr 1.0 from 26.000 thru 28.500.
with an amp i only flap on 6 with a SWR of 1.2 with power.{quote}

isnt a statement of a yanking nature ?

as it was posted as a claim ?

yes you may be yanking something but as you stated
{quote}wide-banded? my ten-k with just 20w, at swr 1.0 from 26.000 thru 28.500.
with an amp i only flap on 6 with a SWR of 1.2 with power.{quote}

isnt a statement of a yanking nature ?

as it was posted as a claim ?

a claim when infact i dont even use a 10k it was placed as a statement for ducks like your self to call it out. :bdh: there is no point bumping this thread into a debate. we all got the answer on where to get a 55r4 & that's that.:D

Hey 5150, was it you yesterday on the 11 chan? I could here from Kauai. Sorry for the derailment. Hey Morse, did ya get one of them 55Rʻs?

Hey 5150, was it you yesterday on the 11 chan? I could here from Kauai. Sorry for the derailment. Hey Morse, did ya get one of them 55Rʻs?

nope. invested in a new maco 3 instead.(y)
someday i will have a go at the 55 and try it, as i have tried the 10k,viper,browning, and different oil coils.. seems the Wilson 5000 works best for my mobile application.

cant beat the wilson too. low profile. That Maco 3 is also a good one too.
nope. invested in a new maco 3 instead.(y)
someday i will have a go at the 55 and try it, as i have tried the 10k,viper,browning, and different oil coils.. seems the Wilson 5000 works best for my mobile application.

a claim when infact i dont even use a 10k it was placed as a statement for ducks like your self to call it out. :bdh: there is no point bumping this thread into a debate. we all got the answer on where to get a 55r4 & that's that.:D
so in fact you dont use a 10k ! so your measurements were infact made up , as tp make your assumption that you were in the know of your game, as if i remember correctly that you did post several pics of a 10k on your vw deck lid ...... the one you used a brake rotor from a "goped" if im not mistaken, for a backing plate? so those were in fact pics that were in fact not true either?
as in fact i am only trying to understand why in fact you wish to be misleading the facts , that you previously stated in the earlier posts of this thread?
please do enlighten us as to how you came up with having a VSWR of 1.0 from 26.000 to 28.500 mhz with a 10k and its wide band width, yet have a 1.2 , on 27.025 (channel 6) ?
as im really confused with your misleading "facts"
that are assumptions rather than facts , in fact !

as the 55r4 is a decent antenna , but a 102 will be a batter choice to make a claim on ? as the 102 / 108 s/s whip has been proven time and time again .

ding ding ding, winner winner chicken dinner !

cant beat the wilson too. low profile. That Maco 3 is also a good one too.

yea. everyone here has either a Wilson or a 102.
no 10k's couldnt stand being the outcast with a huge NASA coil on the mobile when the wilson 1k works just fine on my mobile. + i can go through drive through without any problems (y)
ah gee 5150 did i say all that? well i better report to the cb swamp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.