• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 meters

Yes 6 meters is rolling good here. I have worked 10 stations so far,mostly short skip but did work one station from FM16 (North Carolina) :D CDX1220 i also worked 2 station from Montana. Maybe 6m will be open for contest this weekend,who knows it is the magic band.What a fun band :D
BTW CDX-1220 if 6m is open all this week maybe we could set up sked as i believe your in southern cal., let me know as it would be fun to talk with another CDX member on the amateur bands.

Wow, what a band opening tonight on 6m.

I got contacts on Minnesota, Tennessee and Washington state.
Coast to coast on 50 megahertz! Pretty cool :eek:

Yes it is very cool. Today i had muiltable contacts from Montana,ID,AZ,NM,COL,Utah and the best one for the day
North Carolina (grid FM16) :D ...........all on 6m,what a blast.

Minn. is blasting in here and I heard someone talking to Washington ! Wis. is real strong. I spoke to west central Wis. Said I was 5/9. My Hamstick dipole in the attic and 25 watts are working great ! :)

CDX-1220 6 meters was open all day with mostly short skip,however there was the occasional 2 hoppers into the east coast.I was even told by other stations through out southern CA that Alaska was in the mix.
I had 36 comfirmed Q's today,i finally had to catch up and transfer my notes to a manual log,i also had to get caught up on my QSL cards. :D My look up count on QRZ went from 751 to 804. It truly was a great day on 6 meters and i look forward to more days like this in the month of june. I hope to work your station soon so listen up for grid DM09 Reno,Nevada
73,Stu

why is it the best days for conditions on any band it seems are the days i have to work. it wouldn't be so bad to be tired except that will get you a day off without pay, since it's a fitness for duty issue. glad you guys got some good contacts :(

hey STu . i will be on 50.125 all day friday so if you like i will listen and try and make call to you. we only have a vert. so it might be hard. but we will try. :D

Hey Ron not only is 6m wide open it's "June VHF QSO contest" this weekend.
I have entered my first amateur radio contest and i'm doing great.Lots of new grids and states,mostly all east coast (double hop) Just as soon as 6m settles down i'll give 2 meters a try. Hey BTW CONGRATS on passing element3.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.