• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 wire D-104 Silver Eagle wiring for Ranger RCI 99N4

Bombardier

Dec 19, 2021
Hello, I need the wiring from a 6-wire D-104 Silver Eagle to a 4 pin to a Ranger RCI 99N4, please any help much appreciated. THANKS in advance, have a great day. Mark

Alabama Buckeye

Dogma Heretic
Jul 29, 2022
Magic City Alabama
>1-Shield and Blue
>2-White
>3-Red
>4-Black
>5-N/C
>6-N/C
>Yellow-N/C

Snatched off of Copper Electronics http://www.copperelectronics.com/discus4/messages/34/95390.html?1163827513

I'm assuming your 99N4 has the Up/Down channel selector. As does both my RCI radios. You can forget that function.

I had issue with my Golden Eagle and 5 Pin Cobra 2000.
The female connector contacts didn't match up with the Cobra male pins.

Bombardier

Dec 19, 2021
>1-Shield and Blue
>2-White
>3-Red
>4-Black
>5-N/C
>6-N/C
>Yellow-N/C

Snatched off of Copper Electronics http://www.copperelectronics.com/discus4/messages/34/95390.html?1163827513

I'm assuming your 99N4 has the Up/Down channel selector. As does both my RCI radios. You can forget that function.

I had issue with my Golden Eagle and 5 Pin Cobra 2000.
The female connector contacts didn't match up with the Cobra male pins.
Hello,thanks,so this wiring will work on a 4 pin,correct?

Alabama Buckeye

Dogma Heretic
Jul 29, 2022
Magic City Alabama
Unless your count is different than mine, yes and no. I presumed your Ranger was a 6 pin mic; you didn't answer the pertinent question. The 4 connection indicated above omit the Hurst speed shift lever pins 5 and 6 in favor of the Muncie positive throw.

Last edited:
Reactions: walterjn

Bombardier

Dec 19, 2021
Unless your count is different than mine, yes and no. I presumed your Ranger was a 6 pin mic; you didn't answer the pertinent question. The 4 connection indicated above omit the Hurst speed shift lever pins 5 and 6 in favor of the Muncie positive throw.
Hey ,THANKS, worked great. Much appreciated, never thought no look at Copper's website, getting good reports on the microphone. Have a great Holiday Season, be safe, take care, Mark..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    There will be NO FT8 robots running unattended at Bouvet,:ROFLMAO:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    10M BAND.....>28400 SSB .... Always give your full callsign. Listening is the key so be sure we call you before replying. 3Y0J will always listen up (using split) so it will be useless to call us on our transmission frequency.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I like these guys already. :cool: Sounds to me like ROBO callers in ANY Mode will be ignored!!!!(y)
  • @ BJ radionut:
    3Y0J: Update January 29, 2023: Ken estimates Marama should arrive at Bouvet on Monday evening just before sunset. He says he anticipates a good weather window for at least two days then. The team will attempt to move the equipment and supplies onto the island using the zodiac then. They have two zodiacs. They are hoping to accomplish it in those two days. :cool: