• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

69ffc4 conversion

Saw on a fine tune video he said RCI is going to stop using the RT1.

There is more to this premise...

Many speculate the RT1 is rebadged...from what? Unless someone spills beforehand - this may be from an upstart trying to bypass a trade tariff - how?

There are many ways young padawan's - many many ways - one being since it's an import, requiring support, the support becomes the beach-head for the entire company

IF RCI as well as any others are having issues with their survivability - then they are looking, scrambling - digging for another part that can do the Claim to obtain the Fame - otherwise it makes any radio dealer, reseller even manufacturer, using the RT1's, a bad subject and instead of Being Mouseketeers - they're Puppeteers - a whole different aspect...

Seen several companies go down that rabbit hole, never to return...

Reactions: AudioShockwav
There is more to this premise...

Many speculate the RT1 is rebadged...from what? Unless someone spills beforehand - this may be from an upstart trying to bypass a trade tariff - how?

There are many ways young padawan's - many many ways - one being since it's an import, requiring support, the support becomes the beach-head for the entire company

IF RCI as well as any others are having issues with their survivability - then they are looking, scrambling - digging for another part that can do the Claim to obtain the Fame - otherwise it makes any radio dealer, reseller even manufacturer, using the RT1's, a bad subject and instead of Being Mouseketeers - they're Puppeteers - a whole different aspect...

Seen several companies go down that rabbit hole, never to return...

It IS a rebadge... look closely

D86CC6E6-D050-497A-B4A4-10D6B2B7905A.jpeg

Not at my circle but where I removed the RT1.

That's what we discovered a few months back. That above is pretty clear too!

Look at post 5 and 8 of the thread

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/ranger-made-radios-rt1-invasion.260288/

I hadn’t seen that, I wasn’t trying to steal ya shine or anything, I just figured it out in my own. I really got to start reading more around here, haha. They’re definitely Z24’s though and I honestly don’t know much about them at this point. If they’re as bad as it seems then I don’t see why you couldn’t just swap to 520’s or something and be done with it.

I hadn’t seen that, I wasn’t trying to steal ya shine or anything, I just figured it out in my own. I really got to start reading more around here, haha. They’re definitely Z24’s though and I honestly don’t know much about them at this point. If they’re as bad as it seems then I don’t see why you couldn’t just swap to 520’s or something and be done with it.
Not my shine whatsoever my friend, just wanted to second what you were saying is all. Kind of a subject that went dead so I stopped bringing it up, until now that is.

Are they unreliable though, it's becoming pretty obvious as time has gone by.

Considering the LOGO is evident - I can only hope Infineon and International Rectifier can survive.

With (certain unmentionables) being able to hold our debt - I hope we can reabsorb that effort and bring it full circle

No, it's one that's been stripped of its original markings and labeled differently. Although by trpc pic above they didn't even buff the original markings well. They're genuine, just not really an "rt1"
OK......I think I'm getting it, by why not just "call it what it is"? Is it because RT1 is some type of marketing pitch? If the manufacturer is stating that a radio has RT1 mosfets and they are not RT1 mosfets, would that be considered a "bait and switch" tactic?

OK......I think I'm getting it, by why not just "call it what it is"? Is it because RT1 is some type of marketing pitch? If the manufacturer is stating that a radio has RT1 mosfets and they are not RT1 mosfets, would that be considered a "bait and switch" tactic?
Because they're calling them Rangers new rt1 mosfet, but it's not an rt1. It's simply a rebadged irfz24 that's not meant as an rf transistor and evidently not even dependable as they're using it.

Re-read this...
https://www.worldwidedx.com/attachments/irfz24n-pdf.41708/

Why?

The design itself is part of the flaw.

The substrate is constructed in such a way that in itself - it's a ZENER - that can take 10Amps before it self-destructs.

Think about the RF voltages, being Rectified and then the Zener - reaching it's "clamping" voltage...

There's an answer in there - somewhere...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?