• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

69ffc4 conversion

It’s a “HEXFET” whatever the *clears throat* that is, haha. Yeah there’s probably an answer there, Andy.

I’ve got a 98vhp bottom here with 520’s in it. So let’s take all 8 of those out and drop the z24’s in and play war. Let’s see what they like and dislike...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
It’s a “HEXFET” whatever the *clears throat* that is, haha. Yeah there’s probably an answer there, Andy.

I’ve got a 98vhp bottom here with 520’s in it. So let’s take all 8 of those out and drop the z24’s in and play war. Let’s see what they like and dislike...
Would it be worth the cost to improve a RCI-63 by replacing the Z24s with 520s?

Reactions: Eldorado828
I would think so but not sure if you will need to re-bias the amp section for the 520. I believe nomad has done that for a 2995dxcf, just not sure they were a straight drop in replacement.

I would think so but not sure if you will need to re-bias the amp section for the 520. I believe nomad has done that for a 2995dxcf, just not sure they were a straight drop in replacement.
I was only curious and it is something I sure as heck would not attempt because I'm no radio / electronics person. Considering the cost of a new RCI-63FFD4, a person would think (or wish) that nothing but the best parts and components would be used. Oh well, as the phrase goes; "wish in one hand and crap in the other hand to see which hand fills up first".

Reactions: Eldorado828
RCI 69FFCx Frequency expansion.
EPT990014A chassis, with built in 200/400 watt amp

1. Bottom of main board, solder side, Remove 100 ohm 1/8 watt resistor on bottom of PCB in 4008-divider area.

2. Top of main board, component side. On J30, move the shorting block to pins 2-3.

3. Follow the Hi/Lo switch wire down to the main board and unplug it from J5.

4. Move it to J29, in front of J30.

5. Radio will now cover 24.265 through 29.655 in 12 bands (6 LO, 6 HI).
Excellent Instructions. Thank You!!!

There is more to this premise...

Many speculate the RT1 is rebadged...from what? Unless someone spills beforehand - this may be from an upstart trying to bypass a trade tariff - how?

There are many ways young padawan's - many many ways - one being since it's an import, requiring support, the support becomes the beach-head for the entire company

IF RCI as well as any others are having issues with their survivability - then they are looking, scrambling - digging for another part that can do the Claim to obtain the Fame - otherwise it makes any radio dealer, reseller even manufacturer, using the RT1's, a bad subject and instead of Being Mouseketeers - they're Puppeteers - a whole different aspect...

Seen several companies go down that rabbit hole, never to return...
As this thread is back up have to like Andy's post.
Now the rt1 has a well known tendency to self terminate it seems Ranger is playing with a new candidate, the rt6 so they dug deep and found another device.
Now the mystery continues.....

Jeff

Reactions: Handy Andy and nbsr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.