• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6BQ5 REPLACEMENT

Chris. The issue I posted about was my audio dropping only.
The 2340's DK was holding fine at 21/2 watts (DK.) It seems as if you're having the same problem.
I don't recall what the issue was. I sent it to Mike. I'd have to look at the receipt in order to see what Mike diagnost and repaired.
I'm sure I've the receipt, but I'm not at the QTH (where the receipt is,) and won't be back there for about a month.
If you can't check tubes than replacing the two 6BQ5 modulators would make sense.
If you joined that FB Sonar page than I'd ask Mark Middelman.
He's the pages creator and the owner of that incredible Sonar collection.
I'll go ahead and ask him the question for you.
I will let you know what he thinks it is as soon as he replies to my question.
Thanks! I'm going to look for that page now.

Reactions: Sonar
Thanks! I'm going to look for that page now.
I asked the owner and moderator of the page, mark if he could give some advice that would lead you to the cause of the audio drop. Of course a ticket holder had to weigh in about pep on amplitude modulation and how it doesn't apply. It only applies to SSB! OMG! I can't! I have absolutely no doubt you will eventually find out what the issue is, and repair it. I wish I had access to that receipt.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.