• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6lq6 Tube's

Who remembers the good old days when every drug store in town had a tube tester and replacement tubes???

I sure do last at one older pharmacy back in the 1960's - mid 1970's. Afterwards you still had plenty of smaller, independent TV repair shops offering a countless supply of replacements. Radio Shack and Lafayette Electronics back in it's heyday also had tube testers at most of their locations. I also seem to recall the retailer Two Guys had a tube tester in it's electronics department.

I remember when these sweep tubes started getting a little pricey. Some guys figured out if you bit the bullet and paid a little more for the Radio Shack tubes, they came with a life time warranty! The Radio Shack "LIFE TIME" Guarantee would give you free replacements if any failed at anytime. Didn't take long before lots of people were beating up on those tubes in sweep tube amps. Radio Shack quickly repackaged remaining stock to read "LONG LIFE Guarantee" (90 days) instead of "LIFE TIME Guarantee" (forever). Once they sold out, all the tube testers and tube shelves were yanked out of the stores.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.