• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6m trying to Open!

KD5QHV/Bernie...DM61>EM79...59+ at times...band shuting down,I think due to storms just West of Indy....
Worked with 100w/FT-450 and HB 3 element at only 21ft....;)
See what goes after the storms pass
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

17:09z....W7PM/ OR....CN85...58/58....50.125
17:17z....KF5CQQ/Rodger/TX...EL09...59+....50.130
17:49z....KF5KLV/RAY/TX....EM12...58/58....50.125
17:53z....N5XED....EM12....54/54....50.125
18:00z....N5AFY/Larry/OK.....EM15....59/59....50.125
18:17z....WE7L/Mobile/20w/Duncan...Denver.Col....59/59...50.128

Last edited:
a day off from work & nasty weather FORCED me to turn on the radios today. being may 1st, 50.125 is now on as often as possible waiting for e skip season to.....do something. DEAD SILENCE all day here in the northeast on the edge of the atlantic ocean. listening on the other radio, heard wr314 chicago on lsb 38, with an occasional IA, IL, MI, MN, ND station thrown on for good measure. nobody better then S3. one lowly contact to 357/ottawa, for about 15 seconds. 11m basically dead. 10m had some west indies & brazil. right now everything is dead.
the 6m moxon was removed by some rogue 75mph gusts a few weeks back, but my stacked squalos have talked the US via double hop quite a few times, so i'm good to go & ready & waiting.

I only have a Rubber ducky antenna for 6 meter :cry:

assuming an fm radio....not necessarily out of the question, but on 6, anything is possible. the 1st time a local newbie heard me do double hop to CA with 1 loop leaning against the side of the house, he became a 6m fan. being a newbie, he made a 6m dipole....only he made it quarter wave, not half! wondering why he couldn't get decent swr, he still made more then a few e skip contacts before i told him to double his length & move the feed.....

Worked a few VE/VA2's from down here in Florida, night before last.

My antennas for 6 and 2:

6N2LFA.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Yes I am finding my way through the "New Band" have used a dipole...
A, 3/4 wave dipole both at only 20-30ft...even my 75m "Backfire Array" and now a HB 3 element (Armstrong Rotor) at only 21ft...The band is a Blast!
I must get my sig out of the Home Theater and LCD screen here at home, but not bothering anyone else around...I think that broadband mast mounted pre-amp for "Over the Air" TV has got to go!...maybe I can choke it out (when I get to it)...
Hoping to get the 6m beam up another 25ft or so on the short tower soon...
Then I should be good to go, for my needs....
Maybe go to a 4-5 element Yagi or what I really like to try is a Pair of Stacked (side x side) 2 element Quads at about 45ft here in the "Valley" with about 3-400 watts and leave it at that...
6m like 10m when it's open 5 watts can sound like a KW:D...it's a cool band!
All the Best
BJ

what I really like to try is a Pair of Stacked (side x side) 2 element Quads at about 45ft here in the "Valley" with about 3-400 watts and leave it at that...
6m like 10m when it's open 5 watts can sound like a KW:D...it's a cool band!
All the Best
BJ

heck ....6 quad elements fit nicely on a 20 foot boom,... only about 4 1/2 feet per side for a full wave

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.