• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

9' of coax in mobile install to lower SWR?

Currently dealing with parasitic draw to the tune of:

View attachment 38309

Supposed to be no more than 50milliampres

Ooh jesus. I know absolutely nothing about American models of cars but does that have factory fitted bluetooth for hands free? I ask as there was a software problem on some Fords over here in the EU where randomly the bluetooth module wouldn't go to sleep or power down when the car was turned off and over a couple of days it could flatten the battery.

Ooh jesus. I know absolutely nothing about American models of cars but does that have factory fitted bluetooth for hands free? I ask as there was a software problem on some Fords over here in the EU where randomly the bluetooth module wouldn't go to sleep or power down when the car was turned off and over a couple of days it could flatten the battery.
Thanks. I will check into that too.

Reactions: Slowmover
Wow, interesting you mention that ...
a software problem on some Fords over here in the EU where randomly the bluetooth module wouldn't go to sleep or power down when the car was turned off and over a couple of days it could flatten the battery.
Been trying to find Sync II Bluetooth antenna myself - I've been trying to disable mine...

Vehicle resets it every now and then and I have to go in there and knock it down in the menu - was hoping to get it to "See" there's nothing to pair with - but even the dealer says it's a software "glitch" they can't solve without an upgrade to Sync III which I don't think is ever going to happen.

Reactions: Slowmover
12' seems to work fine. Same SWR as before. 1.3:1 on 20 and better as we go higher in channels. FS 2 can't go any higher with the adjustment screw.

Anyway here is the issue. I figured FS would make a better stud mount that has the notches. :confused:

EE5658FA-1FF5-4287-ACE0-F8B84199D8E5.jpeg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
My tuning tip is almost all the way out. If I turn it in the SWR goes up?? Does anyone think adding a spring would help me get a better SWR?? Figured it might also help the bracket flex less. This is a 5' antenna

I'd like to get lower than 1.3:1 with the RFX on with 15w dk. Does go up slightly with modulation to like 1.5:1. That's on 32. On 19 it's like 1.4:1 and moves up too.

Thoughts.

Reactions: 2NC995
My tuning tip is almost all the way out. If I turn it in the SWR goes up?? Does anyone think adding a spring would help me get a better SWR??

Yes.

But given the choice I'd put an analyzer on it and see what the X is. If improving the SWR would mean worsening the X, I'd just leave it. 1.5 isn't bad at all.

Instead of selecting SWR in the menu, select “MORE”

368C5C16-7F0E-40AE-98A0-CBFE842724ED.jpeg

Then select REACTANCE

5631E2D1-894E-4CDB-9DCB-8608A41B9A89.jpeg

Then observe the number at the top as you scroll the wheel left and right across the freq range.

D8048782-A325-4A9E-9054-D1E4BC794426.jpeg

It’s probably never going to hit zero because it measures at very small values, but at some point it will go from negative to positive, or vice versa.

At the point of change from pos to neg (or vice versa) , observe the frequency. That is your point of lowest reactance.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Instead of selecting SWR in the menu, select “MORE”

View attachment 38428

Then select REACTANCE

View attachment 38429

Then observe the number at the top as you scroll the wheel left and right across the freq range.

View attachment 38430

It’s probably never going to hit zero because it measures at very small values, but at some point it will go from negative to positive, or vice versa.

At the point of change from pos to neg (or vice versa) , observe the frequency. That is your point of lowest reactance.

thank you for the pics and tutorial.

So what number should I be looking for? Like 50 or like 0?

I'm not up on all this stuff.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated