• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

9lbs of noise on my radio,help!!

Well I spoke to soon, I came home and the next day the noise was back!!! so I made a video of when the noise goes away it is right at like 6:02pm so I guess when they took the power down it must have shut off the source of the noise to like I am guessing a timer? grrrrrr I will not let this defeat me!!!

Okay another update, I went over to my neighbors house, the one who has the pool and sprinklers and I had him shut off the pool pump and the timer box on the sprinklers and still the noise is there so I went to the house behind me right off the bat he was rude and his wife shouted out "your problem is not our problem" so they must have something to hide

so I called the power company back and they are waiting to get a radio frequency meter and they will come back out:)

The one thing I didn't see here was what is your SWR readings altho my DiPol has a perfect match and is noisy as well but my ground plane is for the most part ok but has noisy/static times.

I don't know about other areas but skip and noise has been real weird here the past month or two can get and talk to Jamaica but can't get the next town or hear anyone else and have been also considering getting a pushup to about 30' as I'm at house roof level now at the base of the GP.

Let us know what you find out and good luck, BTW, my GP poll is grounded two different ways.

the noise I am getting is a solid 9lbs of a signal that throws out a slight hum from 5:50am till right at 6pm every single day

I am not sure if grounding will stop this? lol

Okay another update, I went over to my neighbors house, the one who has the pool and sprinklers and I had him shut off the pool pump and the timer box on the sprinklers and still the noise is there so I went to the house behind me right off the bat he was rude and his wife shouted out "your problem is not our problem" so they must have something to hide

so I called the power company back and they are waiting to get a radio frequency meter and they will come back out:)

imho i think this here is your issue. after re-reading many posts i didnt see any posts
that said YOU unplugged everything in your house. i know this probaly isnt
on your end. but wouldnt hurt anything to check.my new flatscreen tv tears
up my recieve

I have don that hotrod I have turned off every breaker in my house and the noise is still there even when the flatscreen in the living room is off.

i think i might have to agree with Mkube396 on this.

people who are growing indoors will have their lights on for 24 hours a day for the "growing" period, and then switch them to "12 hours on, and 12 hours off" to promote the budding of the plants.

sounds to me like they are in the budding cycle!

you could build a loop antenna to find out which direction the source of the noise is. i believe there is one described in vol. 6 of Secret CB. (available on the cbtricks site)

i would also think that you could use a field strength meter while standing in your yard, and just point the antenna to find the strongest signal.

this is going to be a tough one, considering your neighbors are most likely not going to work with you.

or just call the cops and tell them you smell the strong odor of marijuana coming from behind your house. LOL
im totally kidding here.
LC

Reactions: 1 person
well at this point, maybe the thing to do is to clip the limiter on your radio, screw the 54 mhz trap a couple of times, get a power mic, and a cheapo linear, and start having some long conversations with no one starting at 5:50 AM and ending at 6pm.

if you start interfering with their stuff, maybe they will be a bit more convinced that things work both ways.

i know, i know, things never work out that way.

LC

Might be worth trying a horizontal dipole or a yagi. Won't stop the noise ,but you can turn away from it.Quad loops also tend to be a bit quieter ( vertical or horizontal)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.