• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A chance to help some Kids

skipper1

Feb 11, 2008
West Virginia
In the town where I am living here in Oklahoma there is nothing for the kids to do at all. There are no theaters no bowling alleys no swimming pool there is just nothing for them to do. I have started a CB club here "the "Frederick Dxers" so far the kids that have joined have just loved it. Nine members so far. The problem is this is an economic depressed area and there are kids that would would love to participate but can't afford a radio. I have already donated six radios to the kids and was hoping some of the members might would have some excess radios laying around taking up space that they might part with reasonably or possibly donate to the club. It doesn't matter what they are as long as they work. I know it is a lot to ask but it is a very good cause. Thank you for any considerations. I canbe contacted by IM here on the forum

Thanks again
Skipper1
KE5OQK

WOW!

My wife and I would love to help. I'm thinking of a way. PM me with your address, so that when we do, I can just ship it out.
BTW, this is an awesome thing that you are doing, may the Lord bless you mightily for it.(y)

I want to thank all of you that responded from my heart. The kids here will remember that it was other CBers that helped give them a start.

skipper1>>> curt

A couple of the radios that were so kindly donated by a couple of the members have been given to two of the members of the club here that couldn't afford a radio and believe me you have made them very happy. I want to thank you all again for the goodness of heart you have shown to some complete strangers. It goes a long way towards showing your good character.
skipper1>>>curt

The kids CB club is going to have an outing at the lake next weekend and I will try to get them all together for a picture if possible:D I want to thank all of you again that took their time and money to help these kids. It was well worth it.

skipper1

I'll have a big ol slice of that pie skipper 1. Let me see what I can come up with, my collection is up to about 100 radios now and I was getting ready to sell some of them off.
I have given away more than I have ever sold and I would love to donate some of mine to your kids group.
Give me a couple of days and I will PM you for a shipping address.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.