• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A completely UNHACKED Cobra 2000GTL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can read plenty of proof in this thread to the contrary. But then, you would have to read all of the posts and know enough about radios to understand what has been said and even repeated. Maybe that is the problem. But which one? Don't know how to read? Don't know enough about radios? Cannot see the logic? Short attention span? All the above?

Oh; that's right. You are one of his customers. Have a vested interest in his work. So - he can't be wrong. Or better still - you hope he isn't wrong and are attempting to keep a lid on it - so that no one will know you guys got scammed. I read the scam reports on the 'net - BTW.

Something like that . . .

Maybe you need a forum that goes for that kind of 'facts' that you can understand and appreciate? Maybe 'Scammed-R-Us' would be a great choice. Or perhaps 'Snake Oil Radio Pluggers" for another. Oh I know - howabout "CB Radio for Dummies"? If there aren't any forums like that; then maybe you can start one. Don't know of any web site that is using them; so they could be used.

Get a book and crack it open Tim - as loosecannon suggested.

In the mean time Tim, I see your spies/unwitting minions/new members here continue to check this thread for further posts and re-reading the real info here. Just get a scope and stop doing it by ear. You are embarrassing CB enthusiasts everywhere.

So as long as you hold up an improper 'tech' standard Tim; then this forum will be compelled to hold up the rules of accepted standards and practices for everyone to read . . .

Last edited:
you know robb it looks like you and loosecannon are trying to sabotage tims business with all of your slander if your not one of his customers why would you care

you know robb it looks like you and loosecannon are trying to sabotage tims business with all of your slander if your not one of his customers why would you care

2nd post. Cool! This thread is drawing new members. Who said controversy was not a good thing? :D

First of all, for any statement to qualify as "defamatory" (whether 'libel' or 'slander'), it would have a false statement about him. I haven't said anything that is false. In fact, Tim has substantiated everything I've written about him with his own words.

Tim has ADMITTED that he doesn't use the proper equipment that is conventionally recommended, used, and accepted by the manufacturers and radio techs worldwide for radio alignments. Not only has he said it more than once; but he has repeated it twice or more on this forum. He has further ADMITTED that he insisted upon tuning radios with only his ears to guide him. The truth is a complete defense to any charge of slander or libel. The truth of my statements has been substantiated.

Why do you think we are doing this? To slam him? No. He offered many a disparaging statement about this forum and its members. Regardless, we have offered many 'carrots' here at the the same time for his benefit. We didn't have to do this either. But if he is going to get on this forum and say what he does, he should reasonably expect that his statements are going to be picked apart and analyzed for what they are. It's a forum. What do you expect? Welcome to the playground. If someone is going to bash; they can expect to get bashed in return and just accept it.

Lets just all lay down to group mentality and not point out what we can see for ourselves from his own words?
Is that what you are suggesting here?
Where does free speech belong?

So long as his minions continue to come here and berate this forum and its members with meaningless babble - without substantiation - and especially those tech/forum members who happen to know what they are talking about, then they can expect comments in return. It's a forum, and he has just got sucked into the debate. That's it. Its purely his fault for getting involved, not ours. He opened up that can of worms, and it is evident that he is the proximate cause of this debate.

If some wants to work with him and buy his stuff - they can go right ahead and do so. I've said that many times, and so did many others. That is substantiated. We don't tell people to not buy his product. So he is out nothing.

We point out to our members here that he isn't doing alignments by the book. That is both honest and fair to say. Tim's own words - once again. When one also considers that he is doing work for the general public, and not simply on his own radios, then we have issues regarding how to protect people. The general public is entitled to workmanlike standards. One needs to be mindful of that. Also fair and honest to say.

We also have many reviews written here on this forum. They will say - if they so desire - if they liked something or not in their summation. The guys on this forum are 'end users' of these products AND services. Do you think he is the only one taken to task over radio work done? No. Why? Because nobody gets away if they promise to do iffy work. Will he be the last? Probably not. Because we care about the little guy and don't want to see them being misled. Information is empowering. From the vantage point of this forum, we can say what we want until we cross over the line from constitutionally protected speech into outrageous, harmful falsehoods. The Moderators watch these threads.

Notice also that Tim's posts weren't edited or deleted - even he thought they would be. He was wrong. He can censor stuff on his own forum; but there is free speech here on the WWRF. Re-read them yourself. Nor did anyone delete or edit the posts of others who were bashing this forum. Tim also said that everybody has an opinion and they all stink (my paraphrase). That was directed at me, BTW. I didn't bash him for that statement, although I could have. Why? Free speech . . .

So, NO this isn't slander - by definition - and what we say here is protected by free speech.
And as a new member to this forum IW 172; why do you care what a bunch of know-it-all Ham radio operators and techs 'bitching' on a no-account forum have to say - as others here have said about the WWRF on this thread?

Last edited:
No body said
HEY THIS GUY IS A HACK< DON!T GO THERE RUN AWAY...
Some of his work got " examined " because he posted it for the world to see....
seesh.
IW even you have to admit that hot melt glue is not a good way to attach a heat sink...when it gets hot it...well it melts, and that is what heat sinks do.... get hot..

What is wrong with pushing him to sharping his skills a little ?
You really need good test equip to do radio work.
The questions That Loose Cannon Posted are Legit.
If Tim would take the time to research the proper answer`s to them, he would learn something, and him AND his customers would benefit.
Tim said his reputation was the most important thing to him, it would do that some good to try to learn as much as possible.
He is not helping him self.

a scope for me is to show the customer that the radio is clean thats it

I have been tuning am radios since I was a kid by ear and I was known for my ear when I did live sound and recording.

Robb Don`t claim to be a tech, but he knows better than to make statements like that, cause he took the time to learn how to do it properly.

The Funny thing is, the question`s that Loose Cannon asked him are questions that if he were to take the time to learn about and answer, would make him a better radio tech.
Did you miss the part where Cannon said:

your work is improving, and i do hope you continue to learn, but you do need to start learning the "whys" instead of just the "whats" and "hows".

Cannon, he understand`s radios, what works and what don`t ......
And he is good enough to share that with just about anyone that wants to learn....
We all have to take a little criticism from time to time, we can ether learn from it or not.

There ya go.

Jeff

look as far as the aligment by book i see what you are saying but he is telling the customers that he does not use a scope so they know its like timing the old chevy without a timing light just do it by ear and it runs a lot better starts faster not every thing is better by the book

look as far as the aligment by book i see what you are saying but he is telling the customers that he does not use a scope so they know its like timing the old chevy without a timing light just do it by ear and it runs a lot better starts faster not every thing is better by the book
Glad you put it that way. This may clarify my point further for ease of understanding.

We are talking about radios that hinge on many fine adjustments that have to be done in a particular sequence to arrive at the final product - not unlike a car. If the first step is done incorrectly on a radio without the proper equipment; then the subsequent adjustments are also off and final product isn't getting the benefit of the previous step correctly executed.

An engine would need to have the distributor's dwell angle/point gap adjusted first before engine timing is done. Because the dwell angle/point gap will affect the engine operation as well as the engine timing. So now you can see that the sequence of adjustments are important for an engine as well.

Even the alignment of an autos steering components use a sequence of adjustments for correct alignment - for that matter.

I hope this has made my point clearer now.

Last edited:
im missing something here robb what does point gap have to do with timing and steering aligment help me

im missing something here robb what does point gap have to do with timing and steering aligment help me

It is proper to do the distributor adjustments first before the timing is done.

Same with radios; they must be adjusted in the order of the alignment instructions for proper results - as per manufacturer specifications.

An autos front end alignment is just another example of using the proper sequence to arrive at the proper adjustments for optimal function. Didn't think you would confuse the two points made. Just another example is all.

Last edited:
there sure are a lot of auto analogies in this thread! LOL

i want to address all the new forum members who have come here to defend Tim, and attempt to slap our wrists for what has been posted.

you guys need to study this thread more, and be sure to read ALL of the posts before you reply.

did you guys notice that this thread is more than a year old, and the only reason its active right now is because Tim posted a "rebuttal" a year after the thread was made?
look at the dates of the posts.

When i started this thread in 2010, it was to have a laugh with my fellow 2000GTL enthusiasts about how someone could call a 2000GTL with a bunch of knobs on the back "UNHACKED".
we found that funny.

you guys wouldnt know it because you are new here, but on this forum i am known as somewhat of an MB8719 snob, and i am comfortable with that label.

Tim came here a year after the thread died and took offense to what was posted.
everything posted after that is in direct response to what he posted.

im sure you would all agree that the best way to keep from having your tech work dissected would be to keep it private and not post videos of it on youtube.

trying to ruin someone's business? no way, far from it.
im sure many of us here wouldnt mind helping Tim along in his journey, but he has put himself in a tough position by being too proud to ask questions about things he hasnt learned yet, and propping himself up in his vids as the end all be all cure to truckstop hack mods.

again, read all of the posts and check the dates before you reply.
LC

look robb how about we all try to get along and be friends what about that

Where did you get the idea that I'm not getting along with you or anybody else? I have the right to express my opinion so long as my freedom doesn't hurt any body else. If you don't agree with me, you have the right to express that as you have. I have no problem with that.

Facts are facts; and this forum likes facts. Consider it risky business to bring anything here that is anything close to being snake oil. In case you haven't noticed, there is a lot of clarity on issues pertaining to all aspects of RF from knowledgeable and experienced radio operators that train and instruct as the questions get posed. Many are Hams, some broadcast engineers, and even some bonafide (proper school and/or military trained) radio technicians. They are a resource that one would do well to consider and listen to. Some discipline, respect, and research here will yield you great benefits. If you are OK with that; then I am OK with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.