• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Little Of Europe Today..11 Meters

Yep Larry, it is just the beginning of the last part of this solar cycle.

I got Giancarlo/1SD227/Northern Italy on ch 38LSB just about one hour ago on a stock CB radio and the 4 element Sirio beam from San Jose CA.

For those reading this and are new to DX and radio, from now until the end of October - and so long as there is enough solar activity/sunspots - long distance communications will be a likelihood. That is; if you try . . .

Last edited:
Spoke with UK and Germany as well today in the mobile from around Orlando, Fl this morning. Good qso with Luxembourg, Germany this morning for about 10-15 minutes. 38lsb and also 27.400 lsb. Dx is coming back yeah!!!

For those reading this and are new to DX and radio, from now until the end of October - and so long as there is enough solar activity/sunspots - long distance communications will be a likelihood. That is; if you try . . .
I'd say you have from October til about March. This has been a very weak cycle overall, but you have one more winter to get your dx on.

I'd say you have from October til about March. This has been a very weak cycle overall, but you have one more winter to get your dx on.
Ya - have to agree, I've read the same thing.

Robb,
I also talked with Giancarlo on 38 lsb, it was about 1/2 hour after you ......... extremely loud, his 1 kw was working very well today.

Reactions: ghutch

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.