• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

a question about a buyer

Bronco

That's Mr. Mud-Duck....
Dec 17, 2008
western Kansas
I have a radio I sold to a member here that according to his profile, has been a member here since 2005. In this whole time as a member he has only had 14 posts. I know the radio I sold and sent is better than what he claims it is doing with him. He has had all kind of gripes about it so I told him to send it back and I would refund his money. After seeing the profile activity (or lack thereof) I am getting a creeping feeling that I am getting scammed. Has anyone else here run into a situation like this here??

Not sure who this is but, I would much rather buy from an established forum member then say e-bay. the forum stays out of any radio deals but they will boot a rip off artist off the forum after proof.

If you sent a radio that was working as described then the guy has nothing to gripe about. Now if you said it was a 9 out of 10 and it's 6 at best then he might have a valid complaint. Most deals are as is no refunds though unless otherwise stated or agreed on. Good luck.

I guess I will see if the radio does what he claims it did to him when it gets back. Other than the typical stuck meters and the clock resetting to 12 a couple of times, it worked well for me.

I got the radio back and it has not done anything at all like he described it was doing to him. He will get his money back but he will NOT get any extra for shipping it back to me.

Sounds like you did more then i would have Bronco. I would leave some feedback in the feedback section so I know who not to sell a radio to.

folks can be very picky at times . Always best to discrib items sold the best that you can. I can understand the way you feel Bronco. It's work placing ads and discriptions then packing and shipping only to get a unhappy customer .

You got the radio back and he got his money back , your both at a loss for say , it cost him shipping costs back to you (IM sure he could understand that) He's somewhat out more then you are. I'd like to think that "we" are not Walmart , and I always think it's best to keep the peace and understand that not all folks are created equal.

I personally do not like those 2 little words "as is" those words leave room for speculation and or ........Whats really going on with given item ? So the radio seems to be as it was when you sent it to him Bronco and you got your money back , Yes it was a pain in your ass , but the other guy is out shipping cost back to you. (that's his loss) Shouldn't that be more then enough punishment for him in your mind ?

IM glad to hear your radio was wrorking the same as when it left you in the first place. Welcome to my world Bronco , it can sometimes be a very humbling experiance. Peace

a good honest seller/buyer combo is hard to come by these days, tho i do believe transactions run alot smoother between forum members rather than ebay seller to buyer. some just like to make others miserable

sorry to hear about your situation, stand up guy tho to take it back and refund him in good faith.

i do believe transactions run alot smoother between forum members rather than ebay seller to buyer. some just like to make others miserable

I'll say this, I've done 2 deals on this forum, both were miserable.... I've purchased hundreds of things on Fleabay, with only a couple bad deals.. Bad luck? Maybe, bottom line here...

As a seller all you can do is stand behind what you sell, at least you'll have a clear conscience.. Hats off for doing just that....

i just joined this forum but am active in another and all the members that i have bought from there are good and honest. havent had a bad deal yet, thats what my info was based on. sorry i should have clarified!

No reason to apologize, I would have thought the same thing, especially when dealing with established members of a forum.... Just isn't always true though... :thumbdown:

i guess there just is no guarantee of satisfaction . i bought from one of the same people mister fatty did and had absolutely no problem . i talked with both of them on the phone they both sound like good people . id buy from the guy again myself . but i also feel mister fatty is a trust worthy person also .

No reason to apologize, I would have thought the same thing, especially when dealing with established members of a forum.... Just isn't always true though... :thumbdown:

there's always a bad apple, after hangin out a while in the same place, eventually you can pick them out. i use the feedback systems alot also for forums or ebay. not a 100% deciding factor for me but it helps

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.