• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A/S Super Scanner

Hello Master Chief:

Wow its at 360 dollars.

I use to run a Scanner Antenna back in the late 60's it worked well allowing me to see where stations signals where coming from in a instant. Then the relays started to crap out from the weather and maybe a little too much power??!!

But it had to be guyed wired with nylon rope at its base to keep it up in the strong winds.

Jay in the Mojave

Jay in the Mojave said:
Then the relays started to crap out from the weather and maybe a little too much power??!!
That's what happened to a buddy of mine this week.. He was talking good and then when he tried to switch direction nothing happened.. If you stand outside you can hear the relays clicking but no directional change is taking place..

He only paid $20 for the complete set up including the tower so he's not complaining :LOL: He found the parts he needs and is going to fix it this weekend..

If you've got the room, and don't mind lots of coax, a couple of antenna switchs, four verticals will do the same thing (almost). Or in the case of lower bands, four tall poles or towers.
I just have this 'thing' about buying antennas, I've been 'burned' too many times (NOT talking about your's Jay!). And besides, I'm too cheap. Just a lot of fun to make your own.
Another one I wish I could have is the old Hygain 'Hi-Tower'! I know it's not for 11 meters but who cares, still wish I had one...
- 'Doc

i have one of these antennas up at about 70 feet .. no problems with the elements much yet ... i only paid 125 bucks for mine ..ppl have been takin them down up this way and puttin imaxs and other junk omnis up ..these things go pretty cheap here

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.