• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A99 Ground Plane Kit

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
Has anyone got a A99 radial kit with the hub that is still in fair to good shape...that they might sell?

Grampa has no ears.

Thanks & 73's
Marconi

That is alright folks, I'll just use some # 8 Wire and a couple of hose clamps.

You don't need the radials to be too long to work according to my models...they have very little current flowing on those 72" slanted down redials anyway.

The regular GPK also does not seem to me to show much current for the radials. The A99, GPK is how Solarcon coned
us all with the GPK.

Marconi

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Jeff, sorry I didn't follow-up with you here.

The answer is...not yet, but that was right before I got really sick.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that zip tying 9 feet of coax
down the Antron 99 was the better bang for the buck
compared to radials. Can't find the reference just
now it's something to do with how it's loaded at the base??

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire
Tom at about 9' is the length I use to place my Eznec choke on my A99 models...bellow the feed point. Any more or less than 9' the model starts to develop CMC interference with the antenna pattern and and gain.

I'll look and see if I've ever compared the A99 with and without radials and with and without a choke.

Thanks, and 73's

Reactions: Brother DXer
Marconi, you once shared this. I hope it uploaded. If not, I emailed it to you.
How about summing this up so I don't say something stupid. Does this factor in the base coil and tuning nut or the mast? Does it show the 99 working the same with more bandwidth without the extra planes?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated