• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ABC Electronics 7107

Travelingbuilder73

Feb 5, 2023
New to this forum and trying to find some info on this amp. This was wrapped up in my dad's closet. He passed away 10 years ago but we are cleaning out my mom's house and I saw this and the mic that goes with it. I did a search for this model on here prior to posting and didn't see any results. Do these units have any value? I don't want to just throw it out but not sure I will use it. I hope I found the right group here to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

IMG_4260.JPG

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

2/tube MOBILE 12vdc amplifier...maybe $100... very old 40++ yrs...the used tubes (IF tested good 80%+) is half of that...Overall about 120+ watts...but SQUEALS like a pig when keyed (the High Voltage transistors)...LOW DRIVE...made when radios did 3-4 watts OUT. Most of todays radios would overdrive to a point of massive melt down :coffee: o_O
Untested/AS-IS ??...$40-$60....very clean...but that's it IMHO
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

PS: WELCOME glad you're here!

Last edited:
New to this forum and trying to find some info on this amp. This was wrapped up in my dad's closet. He passed away 10 years ago but we are cleaning out my mom's house and I saw this and the mic that goes with it. I did a search for this model on here prior to posting and didn't see any results. Do these units have any value? I don't want to just throw it out but not sure I will use it. I hope I found the right group here to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

View attachment 62523
Welcome! That is a dandy of a mobile tube amplifier. Back in the day, you were really doing something if you had one of those.

It might have been paired with something like this, back when cars were much bigger and had more room under the dashboard.

img.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DoctorAudio
Welcome! That is a dandy of a mobile tube amplifier. Back in the day, you were really doing something if you had one of those.

It might have been paired with something like this, back when cars were much bigger and had more room under the dashboard.

View attachment 62524
Lafayette had an amplifier too ...for "business band"..lol

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
To answer this question for the next person looking for a mobile tube squeal.
When you run a mobile tube linear they use electronics to make the high voltage needed and as a result of this you hear this squeal. Yes i know its not the correctly explained reason but it is simple. Also when i have used one long ago the "squeal" was not picked up by the mic however your results may be different.

I had an old tube type amp like that, but it was made by another outfit. The name "Bengal" is all I recall. And yes, like others have stated, it sounded cool when keyed-up. The transistor tripplers cried "Wee wee wee" all the way home.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.