• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Add this amp to your collection

KG0MN

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Mar 5, 2010
When I first saw this amp for sale of on the sale site I thought some over powered Ham had lost his mind building an amp that used two Eimac 3CX3000A7 tubes. But Then I looked closer and saw that there is a CB radio next to it. Nice piece of work but would hate to buy it have it taken away by the feds.

Dual Eimac 3CX3000A7 Amplifier | eBay

Nice piece of work but would hate to buy it have it taken away by the feds.

Why would the Feds take it away?
Legal as ice cream to own it if you want to buy it.
I have faith that as a licensed operator, you would never drive it past legal limit on Ten Meters...and think of the headroom the toobs will have <More audio>
Lol

Jeff

( This is just a random thought, but it looks like 5150 in Malibu, Ca just sold His Amp, what? Back to the AL-1200 ? No More Obama Radio on 27.385 ?)

Reactions: 2 people
If you look at the pics it clearly says "unit 5150" and "Bojangles built" on the front of the unit. Just one commercial broadcast tube like a Eimac 3CX3000A7 is probably WAY more than most anyone needs....but it sure would be kick ass to have all the kwatts sitting there if you get the itch :p:p

Reactions: 2 people
i don't know for sure but I think this amp might be just a little small for my needs. I am needing something bigger for 2 meter FM repeater nets.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated