1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Add this to the list of devices effected by RF

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Big Kahuna, May 4, 2021.

1. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

Swapped the small box for a bigger one this week as the DX has been pretty good but found on AM it will trigger my radar detector Laser sensor. Never run into that one before :) I’m mostly on ssb so not an issue but found that interesting.

Surprised it’s never gone off before from radio stuff as it loves to go off for every other thing in this world. Ever since cars got lane detection that will set off my radar detector and it happens on quite a few types of cars.

Still I love to have it, saved me from tickets a few times. I’m not a speed demon so for me it’s more like a wife poking me saying - slow down!

Slowmover likes this.

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

For big trucks:

A). Starboard cover over semi-tractor fuel tank look for a coffee-cup sized/shaped antenna for the Lane Departure Warning. At your ear height if in a car.

B). Front license semi-tractor plate location: black plastic prognathic cover is speed-adjust radar.

C). I literally don’t know what’s aboard some semi-tractors but I can get hit with a wall of noise as some of them pass. “Dorm refrigerators” not the cause. Some (not many) pickups and cars the same).

Consider the following as guidance in using software (as the hardware is wearing prematurely):

— “Fast” driving is a stress-reaction to crowds; it’s poor adaptation to conditions. A form of creating problems where none existed.

— Adjustment is nowadays to drift back behind inevitable pack formation.
    Benefit is manifold, drawback is zero. One is working with a far larger sight-picture and set of options.

The gauge is near ZERO use of throttle & brake to maintain position. (Tires & Brakes should last a minimum of 70-90k miles on a car, suv or 1/2T. On a 1T, over 100k).

Ease along. Glide.

One has shifted to a vibrational frequency different than the vast majority.

Or, as was said, “
    being in the world, but not of it.”

Is the interference being picked up in the 12V power or at the device?

#2 Slowmover, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  3. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Sr. Member

My passport max and max2 both alert to laser with a 100 watt dead key. Gave me a few heart attacks for sure.

Slowmover likes this.
  4. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I wonder if you hit the key when going through a speed trap.....:whistle:

5. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

Interesting, glad to hear it's not just me :)

Now I wonder if I key will it set off other people's in cars next to me? I'll have to pay more attention in case I key up and the car in front of me slams on the brakes :)

Slowmover and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  6. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Sr. Member

I have had it happen a few times while next to a truck that I actually saw talking on the radio, but I was within 15 feet of them.

Slowmover likes this.