• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ADI AR-247 220mhz service manual?

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
I got an ADI AR-247 220mhz radio from a friend it was free as he had a few laying around. It externley looks like a kenwood TM-331A but the board inside is a bit difrent.
I was talking to some one on the local 220 repetor and do told me my audio sounds like frying bacon?
I called out on 1 of the receptors that are linked to Live feed so i can hear how i sound, and it sounds to me over driven to me. I was using the stock mic from my TS-2000.
So my big question is there a service manual for this radio?
1. The power level's are 10, 20, 39 watts stock is listed as 5, 15, 30watts. seems a bit high to me i wonder if some one was in this thing turning things?

Last edited:

heard of this before,,, trying to use a mike that works for ssb/am on fm doing that,,,, try using a older alinco or kenwood fm mike,,, my ar 146 had to have the mike replaced found a alinco at fest and am pleased with it,,,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.