• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

adjustments on a 29 ltd

IRF520 and EN driver

Well I just finished with the THIRD cobra 29 radio (Chrome) with the Mosfet mod using the kit I put together. and we are swinging for the fences again with an output of nearly 50 watts ( I may back it off a little to keep the Mosfet from dying)

We used a different meter this time On a LP 100 with a dummy load and confirmed my original radio was doing 40w PEP.

Seems to me that the combination of switching diode and 270ohm resistor to replace R56 works great. And an all Ratshack build using the 510 gets us near 40 watts. ( had to test that in the radio then flipped in the 520)

I think people may have gotten the impression that all Mosfet builds require the en1230. Id say try a 270 ohm and switching transistor in parallel and see what you get. Be sure the band on the diode is facing the front of the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.