• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

advise on new toy

KD0GOJ

Jan 25, 2009
I got a Ranger RCI 2950 today on trade
It seems to work fine, Have not tried to transmit. Only have it hooked to car battery.
I need a mic for it they would not sell the mike.
Anybody got one?
It does go from 26.000 to 32.000
Is this one of the NO NO radio's for 11 meter?

Thanks
Scott
KD0GOJ

Well not 12 meters, but 10&11. Yepper it's an "export" and a pretty decent one. Use it, enjoy it. Life's too short to become a stickler for every little FCC regulation. You can get a replacement mic from Ranger, ebay....they're everywhere.

If you don't have the stock mic, then pony up a few extra bucks and get a good one...wire it up yourself. No problemo :)

The older models were 10 meter only,(factory) 11 meter mod was very easy to do and would make the radio transmit 26.000 to 32.000 mhz

The newer models are 10/12 meter (factory) ..I am not sure what the 11 meter mod will open up.I did hear that when the duel band radios were opened up they had a tendency to want to drift a bit.I dont know if that was ever overcome or not.

But reguardless,you have a nice little radio I had one for a long time,and would like to get another one someday when I have the $ to spend

Thanks everyone
I listened to some people on 28.3150 last night
Through my a99.
Waiting to get my power supply in so i can try it out.
The fellow i got it from brought me the cobra power mic he was using on it.
That gives me a week or so to get my own.
Thanks Again
Scott KD0GOJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.