• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AFC/NFC Championship Predictions

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Green Bay--------10
Seattle------------31
---------------------------
Indianapolis-----34
New England----28

I guess Green Bay came to play and Seattle is getting their butts kicked on offense and defense. Looks like I might lose my $5 bet.

I guess all the Seahawks had to do was play 5 minutes of real football to win. I feel real bad for the Packers because it was their game.
Typical Patriots unsportsmanlike crap of running up the score.

I've never understood the "running up the score" thing. What's wrong with it? The object of the game is for one team to win and the other team to lose. But I suppose that a win by one point is just as good as a win by fifty points: it gets a check-mark in the "W" column.

A day or two ago there was a news item about a High School girls' basketball tournament in which the final score of one of the games was something like 152 - 2. The two head coaches talked before the game and he promised to pull his starters out if the point spread became too great. This happened before the first quarter was done.

You either come to play or to lose. Most of the comments centered around the poor girls' psyches and how this lopsided loss was going to scar them for life. Tisk tisk.

....using under inflated game balls...easier for Brady to hold and throw...
Gee, I dunno about that.
game balls are controlled by the officials, not the home team and both teams use the same balls.
the same as pro baseball, the home plate ump prepares all the balls before the game.

the NFL does use different pressure in "game" balls as compared to "kicking" balls.

I've never understood the "running up the score" thing. What's wrong with it? The object of the game is for one team to win and the other team to lose. But I suppose that a win by one point is just as good as a win by fifty points: it gets a check-mark in the "W" column.

A day or two ago there was a news item about a High School girls' basketball tournament in which the final score of one of the games was something like 152 - 2. The two head coaches talked before the game and he promised to pull his starters out if the point spread became too great. This happened before the first quarter was done.

You either come to play or to lose. Most of the comments centered around the poor girls' psyches and how this lopsided loss was going to scar them for life. Tisk tisk.

Running up the score when you are ahead by 28 points or more and the opponent clearly is off their game is like a boxer kicking his opponent repeatedly after he knocks them out. I feel that is just wrong. Keeping your starting players in the game once it's over is really stupid also.
As far as the game ball pressure goes....both teams use the same balls so what's the problem?

both teams use the same balls so what's the problem?

No that's not correct...each team supplies their own game balls...they are switched in and out by the officials every Offensive possession...
They even have specials just for the kickers...
Each team has 12(I think) game balls controlled by their equipment Mgr...
Did not matter COLTS were junk but...
When are they going to put a stop to this Coach Bilichump and the teams continued flaunting and rules violations?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...riots-deflated-game-balls-20150119-story.html

Last edited:
I will never understand why kicking and regular game balls are inflated differently.

Help Wanted:
Need a reliable person to travel across the country and work 1 day a week. Must be able to accurately read a digital pressure gauge. Apply at www.nfl.com and those with criminal records will be given preference.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.