• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ah the good old days

The light up sign for our local Radio Shack just came down sometime in the last month or so. I haven't checked to see if the store is really gone or if they just figured out they didn't need it since it was only open during daylight hours anyways.

Reactions: USXDriver and Rwb
our radio shack here in chelmsford mass went about 5 or 6 years ago. and yes they were a glorified cell phone store. parts consisted of two sets of 8 draws. we do have another parts store but it is about 20 to 25 miles away. (you do it electronics) in needham it has absolutely everything. including tubes

Reactions: walterjn and Rwb
This isn't CB related but I bought my first shortwave radio from Radio Shack. It was a DX-375 and had no sideband and only tuned in 5kHz steps but it was what I could afford. It was $99 and it is what got me bit by the radio bug way back in 1992.

I moved on to bigger and better things but even though nearly useless compared to all the radios I've procured since, I wish I hadn't sold it.

Reactions: walterjn and Rwb
miss rs.still using several rs products,pro 2046,94,95, watherradio, htx 212,archer swr meter and a huge color tv antenna

back then i was in high school when i finally got my lic to drive i used to go to this place in pembroke mass about 80 miles away to get crystals for upper channels. and poly packs in wakefield about 12 miles away which sold bulk electronic parts. i don't know if any of you remember but back in the 60's i used to use this radio shack flavor radio that was only am band and a earphone so i wouldn't wake anyone when i could not sleep. the old days:sneaky:

This isn't CB related but I bought my first shortwave radio from Radio Shack. It was a DX-375 and had no sideband and only tuned in 5kHz steps but it was what I could afford. It was $99 and it is what got me bit by the radio bug way back in 1992.

I moved on to bigger and better things but even though nearly useless compared to all the radios I've procured since, I wish I hadn't sold it.
Here ya go.

My first CB antenna was that $9.95 1/4 wave GP in the ad above. Paired it up with a 23 channel Megatone mobile radio (won in a church raffle) on a $14.95 2 amp R/S power supply.

Damn, I'm getting old!!

David
Was it a Radio Shack or Micronta Power Supply? I have a couple of the Micronta supplies now but I only saw Radio Shack branded power supplies just before they Crashed & Burned.

Reactions: Rwb
Walked into a Radio Shack when I was nineteen and walked out with a Realistic Navaho TRC-30A, ground plane and coax. Later that night a whole new world opened its door to me.
Those indeed were the good old days. :giggle:
My 1st Base CB was a TRC-30A that my parents purchased me for Christmas when it was On Sale for just $99.99 & I connected it to my A/S M400 STARDUSTER that was in the pine tree in our side yard at around 90'.I added an Astatic D-104 which was my 1st ever & Today I currently own 45 D-104 desk microphones & no CB's just Amateur Radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated