• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco DX-10

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I have done some reasearch and for the price of 250.00 the DX-10 looks dam good. Ilike Galaxy and The 2950 but this radio is looking good on features etc. Not good for CW but I might just buy one to check it out. your thoughts. ( keeping in mind of the price Please)

I'd look for a used CRE-8900, it's the same radio. I'd rather have a 2950, unless you are drawn to the small size and echo of the DX-10.

It's not a terrible radio. I just have a hard time justifying the high price for what you get. For the average CB dude that likes SSB and extra channels, then it's tolerable. However, I found it to be a rotten piece of crap with novelty status.

Left a bad taste in my mouth.

I am looking at all radios at this time and like I said I did read the forums and reviews, At the 250.00 mark I like the radio for xtra channels,echo,looks but like cbradiomag said it pooped out in a year. Had 2 2950's nice radio but I found the radio noisy and a bore. but great side bander.Looking for another radio I would regret not buying a side band radio and now want one with extra channels Like the DX 10 from there they jump up in price to over 300.00 and will need a mod and tune . I do like the Galaxy DX-99v2
And it has all i want. I should have bought it on sale when it was at 250. Looking at the DX-10 has a lot and it's small. easy to mod doesn't require a major tune and aliegn.

Optima mk3! Might be a bit of a boring radio to some, but it rocks on SSB! Price is right at 265 or so. Been using one for a while now Grogan and its a simple yet effective radio! JMO.

Reactions: camaro1
Also nice is it better than the Alinco not sure I do like the fan. I will have to look up the mod to see if it is a do it yourself mod.

Hopefully you were speaking of this radio in your last post sir, Mod for optima mk3 is moving a jumper, mine was already open to freebband mode new out of box. Also no adjustments inside really needed, add a different mic is all that I did. Some are offering a new mic with the them now, I know Yeticomm does. The fan works flawlessly and is whisper quiet as well, comes on when the radio is keyed up, never gets warm even rag chewing for long periods! It's not got all the bells and whistles like some other radios, but the features it does have work, the noise filter is top notch and works well. It's a pretty simple radio but kicks butt IMO!

Reactions: camaro1
I think the Optima may be the best radio of it's kind out there. They Anytone AT-6666 isn't a bad 11 meter radio either. I owned a couple of the Radio Shack version HTX-10 and it was a really good 10 meter rig. The rest of the export radi0 market seem to be clones of old chassis in restyled boxes with bigger finals sections, big meters, blinking blue led's and a few noise toys. Most folks here would call them all junk.

Wondering the best place to buy. I see the one from yeticom comm New Zealand comes with an up graded mic and audio upgrades at 275.00 but would have yo pay shipping to the us. And I don't want to mess with customs, eonder if the one on ebay has the better mic?

Grogan the icom hm36 mic works great with the optima mk3, you might be able to find a used one like I did, got mine for under 30 bucks shipped and it's the real deal one, made in Japan, works great, camaro1 turned me onto this setup after hearing him on air and it's been in my mobile ever since! The one from Yeticomm would probably be worth it as the owner knows that radio and I'm sure the mic they added sounds good. But for 259 shipped off the bay, that isn't a bad price for one either. I believe the one from Yeticomm would run right at 300 shipped, that's with the new mic so that isn't a bad price as long as the mic is decent. There is another icom mic that works well with it too, not sure how the hm-12 would sound but I would think it would be similar to the hm-36 as well. Both are electrec condensor mics. Just make sure to get a real icom mic if you go that route, the knock offs aren't that great IMO, the real ones are built nice and have a better element and circuit setup from the knock off I have anyhow. I also used a 2018 extreme mic with the adapter off eBay for an icom 8 pin to 4 pin cobra adapter and was told it sounded good, no echo was used though!! These are just my experiences, and as far as buying from Yeticomm and Shipping, he gets it to you pretty fast from what I have been told. Again just my experiences. I got mine off a forum member here for 265 shipped and like I said, it's a well built simple to use clean SSB radio, does okay on am but on SSB it just rocks!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned