• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco Dx10

I bought a FLEX 1500 a few years ago and sold it because of that issue. I purchased another one recently, as they have solved the latency issue 100%. The 1500 works fantastic on CW. I really like it.

I thought Alnico's response was rather shitty.

They don't make the radio and are probably not going to work with the Chinese factory that is mass producing them to engineer the issues out of it. The rig is what it is. An export that Alinco took a chance with and honestly although I see why they did it it's kind of odd that they would.

I heard that a major retailer is considering sending all their stock back. The same retailer thought the email response from Alinco was shitty as well.

Last edited:
This might help that radio:

turdpolish.jpg

My first one this forum and I realize this thread is old, but. I have been trying to confirm that the most recent version of the Alinco DX-10 is the same radio as the Anytone
AT-6666. Two reviews I have read say they are the same circuit board, but I can't find any pictures of the Alinco DX-10 internals. Anyone here have the real true story behind the real one and the copy?

My first one this forum and I realize this thread is old, but. I have been trying to confirm that the most recent version of the Alinco DX-10 is the same radio as the Anytone
AT-6666. Two reviews I have read say they are the same circuit board, but I can't find any pictures of the Alinco DX-10 internals. Anyone here have the real true story behind the real one and the copy?

its the same radio as the cre-8900

Reactions: Lil'Yeshua
its the same radio as the cre-8900
Dah! I knew that and it's the same as the Anyone AT-5555. Something I read a few days ago said the new version had the Anyone AT-6666 circuit board instead of the 5555 board. This seemed to be where all the experts hang out and I could get the straight scoop on the internals.

This email is Alinco's response to the problem.

Hi Mark,
Alinco says that there is no fix, it is a basic entry level all mode 10-Meter radio... it is what it is.
A serious CW operator would not consider this radio, however it is perfect for phone operators and the casual CW Op.
Mike
Mike Herbert
WB6JKV
Director of Engineering
2560 Barrington Court
Hayward, CA. 94545
“Authorized Alinco Distributor”
Direct 510-298-5100 Ext. 3
FAX 510-887-0314
mailto:mike@remtronix.com
So,it's for it's more of a novelty item for people who might want to play with CW until they save their bucks and buy a real radio.
A chevy in the land of Mercedes.

Well,after reading the whole thread,it's a niche radio for a certain market. If you're requirements aren't met by this radio then the old Star Wars saying goes.
"Move along,nothing to see here"
However,for those of us who missed out not getting a CRE-8900,now's your chance.
And possibly to buy a safe queen.

Sometimes a new Chevy is a better and less expensive choice for a first car, especially if your not a Mercedes mechanic with deep pockets.
Works for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.