• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco Dx10

Who would buy a 1990 Radio Shack radio with a scratched display and dead microphone for $100 with no guarantee it even works over a $250 new radio with a 2 year warrantee ? I would when I need another project!

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Is there something dreadfully wrong with the CRE 8900/Alinco DX-10/Anytone AT-5555 radio(s) that the reviewers all missed?

I'd agree if this was 1993.

I would have to agree if we're talking about one of the Unidens. Those were a big hit with CB crowd and most of the used ones out there are hacked to pieces. The HTX-100 and HTX-10's were made to be unmodifiable so not a big hit with the CB crowd. Hams would buy them when 10 meters was wide open during peak solar cycle years and then put them on the shelf or sell them when 10 quieted down. I think there are quite a few still around in excellent shape for their age and they are well built radios.

I bought my current HTX-100 about 7 years ago and it still runs like new. I've owned several and never had a single issue with any of them.

Beat to heck HR2510, TS-5010, Uniden 2830's and such are $150-$200 looking like they where dragged behind a car with extra holes and all kinds of "home brew work done to them! For a nice one be prepared to spend $200+ NIB $300. HR2600 well used but not modified sell for a lot less because only pompous arrogant hams want them so you just have to wait for an elmer that bought one but seldom used it to die. The HTX-100's and 10's are like the wild west in terms of price from $50-$200. Usually the HTX-100 look decent but just about all the HTX-10's I have seen that are not NIB look like they where used in Iraq for 4 years before making it to Ebay. Since the HTX-10 is based on the same radio as the RF Magnum 257 the controls are not unknow for long term durability and build quality like all modern exports the controls are cheap. Just compare a RCI2950DX of today to a first Generation RCI2950 first Gen that is in good shape the difference in the controls is obvious to the touch.

If you buy an old HR2510, Uniden 2830, HR2600, President Lincoln, HTX-100 be prepared to recap it and align it at the very least. You do not want electrolytics or tantalums to go out and take any obsolete IC's with it. Tantalums tend to short when they fail and most of them are close to their operational limits in CB and Export radios.

I was thinking about buying an Alinco DX10 but now I think I might not. CW buffering issues make for bad resale down the road should I not like the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?