• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ALM BUTTON?

I went to go look for info on that radio and found a new mic that will fit it if he wants one. I also found a NIB 77-115 on Ebay that is expandable frequency wise. I didn't find anything on the 77-117.

its a 77 117 it has ch 9 switch on the wx ch selector. and a cb/wx switch
and this ALM button but if u press it when in cb mode it seems to do nothing
if u press it when in wx mode it seems to silence the wx broadcast
also if you are in wx mode it seems the ch 9 switch which is on the rotary wx ch switch is now not ch9 but another wx ch.

i actually only bought it to see if i could remove the wx system to install in a multi block ssb compact rig but it seems to work pretty well and is a neat size with up/down ch on the mic ( making that mic in the link not much use)

I keep a portable handheld Rat Shack WX radio for that. I found the mic for yours earlier and went ahead and posted it just in case someone needed to buy one.

It's not about quantity but rather quality. Besides I can delete more posts than that in a day. :laugh:

I was going to respond to his comment by pointing out that some post seldom, but say a lot. Most post regularly and make up the crowd noise. And others post just to take up bandwidth.

But I didn't so I'll take your lead.

Reactions: 1 person
triple5usb,I was simply pointing out an alternative by suggesting the Pocket WX radio but if that's what you're trying to do then go for it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.