• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alpha 374 amplifier

We spoke about this proposition, but for the benefit of anyone lurking who reads this post, here's my take on it.

Dig Down Deep. This won't be quite as expensive as restoring a 1980 Corvette, but the price for two THREE-see-ecks eight hundred tubes might make your eyes water. Yeah, three. Not four. And a 40-year old amplifier may or may not have all of the last four decades' worth of maintenance fully caught up. If the seller has done it properly, he'll demand a high price to recover the cost of all that. And if he hasn't, then 40 years of upkeep details will come out of your pocket.

The Dick Erhorn Alpha amplifiers are classics. Well thought out, and they perform well.

But only after every 40 year-old gasket, seal, bushing, hose and belt has been changed.

In a manner of speaking.

We spoke about this proposition, but for the benefit of anyone lurking who reads this post, here's my take on it.

Dig Down Deep. This won't be quite as expensive as restoring a 1980 Corvette, but the price for two THREE-see-ecks eight hundred tubes might make your eyes water. Yeah, three. Not four. And a 40-year old amplifier may or may not have all of the last four decades' worth of maintenance fully caught up. If the seller has done it properly, he'll demand a high price to recover the cost of all that. And if he hasn't, then 40 years of upkeep details will come out of your pocket.

The Dick Erhorn Alpha amplifiers are classics. Well thought out, and they perform well.

But only after every 40 year-old gasket, seal, bushing, hose and belt has been changed.

In a manner of speaking.

Yes we did, I actually posted this before we talked and right after I talked to you I actually returned to the forum in the attempt to delete the post but have not had any luck on removing
the post lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.