• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alternator in big truck

well a sraight 8 pull around 150 amps .. and a 12 pill pulls 215 well thats what fat boys site says so if this alt going to be only the amp ?

well a sraight 8 pull around 150 amps .. and a 12 pill pulls 215 well thats what fat boys site says so if this alt going to be only the amp ?

Thanks for the info. Just trying to get some info on it. Thinking about getting an 8 pill. Don't wanna use a maul, alternator is 135 amp so I'll have to get a bigger alternator.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to get some info on it. Thinking about getting an 8 pill. Don't wanna use a maul, alternator is 135 amp so I'll have to get a bigger alternator.

You also can have your alternator rewired...adding mush more amperage to it(adding many more winds to it)

can turn typically a 135 to 180-220

Reactions: 1 person
thats what im doing geting a 8 pill.. and a 2 pill to drive it im buyin a 250amp alt. and dozer battery to make sure i got enough juice lol..

Reactions: 1 person
Am band. Mostly. And on 19 when I need information. As you may know, getting out on 19 is not so easily done these days. Every Tom, Dick and Red Head is running import radios with 500 Watt amps or better. The good ole days of asking for information on a standard CB radio are dead. Allow me to use the analogy of the skinny Guy on the beach getting sand kicked in his face...now he's kicking back.

Not sure what radio your running but you can get out just fine with something like an X-Force 200HD, or 400HD, or if you have a low powered radio an X-Force 1x4 amp will also work.

So something like say a Stryker 497 into the 400HD will get you mucho watts. In the end though you better make sure you sink some money into good coax and a properly installed antenna system.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pics...v&sa=X&ei=nP6zUPLGDM6J0QGCooHwAg&ved=0CCsQsAQ
Not sure what radio your running but you can get out just fine with something like an X-Force 200HD, or 400HD, or if you have a low powered radio an X-Force 1x4 amp will also work.

So something like say a Stryker 497 into the 400HD will get you mucho watts. In the end though you better make sure you sink some money into good coax and a properly installed antenna system.

Thanks Driver. I will be using a magnum S9, roadking 56 mic with belden cord, LMR 400 coax, Blackslcapone flatside antenna, dumping a 2 pill X force (2 2290's) into a straight 8 pill fat boy.

Someone please talk to this truck driver about that antenna he thinks is flat side.

Why don't you enlighten me Mr Kor. I don't ever proclaim to know everything ...that's why I'm on here. The only dumb question is the one not asked. I bought a " T" shaped antenna from a fella at a break in NC one year. I was told it was known as a flat side non omni directional antenna. The Guy who sold it to me lives in Buffalo NY, where he makes them. The antenna worked like a charm. I got out for miles with that thing. It was stolen off my truck a few years ago, but I remember how effective it was. If you know the true name of this product please let me know. I have tried the following antennas that yielded little results : monkey made, fire stick and Wilson. SWR's set around 1.5. Lately I've been using a cobra 29 peaked and tuned. Still getting stepped on. So I'm tired of getting walked on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.