• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alternator question

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
I was looking at alternators today and on one it said it gives off 24 Volts.(this is for a huge motor that i use) But i dont know what this means: Regulator 134-8278 Can someone explain that! Thanks CDX197

CDX197 said:
I was looking at alternators today and on one it said it gives off 24 Volts.(this is for a huge motor that i use) But i dont know what this means: Regulator 134-8278 Can someone explain that! Thanks CDX197

It means that if you throw it into your truck, which has a 12 volt system, you will fry it very quick!! The alt you were looking at is to run a 24 volt charging system.

WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT IS AN ALTERNATOR FROM AN M-1009 OR M-1010 CUCV THIS IS THE MILITARY 83-87 P/U AND BLAZER IT HAD A 6.2L DIESEL ENGINE THAT USED A 24 VOLT ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.IF IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION YOU COULD USE IT TO POWER YOUR RADIO GEAR BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO BUILD A BRIDGED RECTIFIER PERFERABLY ONE WITH A DUAL OUTPUT AND VARIABLE.

CHUCK

that should just be a drop on for the beefier ,il-style c/k trucks,
higher voltage but NOT always a higher amperage units....neat little toy, just not the most useful one for powering amps

Good point fd thanx for the input I should have asked what it looked like first? thanx for setting me straight fd :D Hey 197 you got an image you could load so I could help identify that rascal for you?

Chuck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.