• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Aluminum Chassis for Amplifier

paws264

Apr 6, 2005
Where can a fellow find a chassis to house a bunch of components to assemble a multi-band single hole amplifier.

So, I have every thing that I need, just need something / someway of housing it so that my conscientious critics are stifled. I do not want to go the "make-your-own-with-angle-and-pop rivets" route.

Frontal dimentions are about 17 inches long (5.0 inchs + another 12 inches for the Tank circuit mounting chassis, relays, switches , etc.) and about 14 inches high. Have not figured depth yet as the Blower location gas not been finalized (bottow or rear of tube chassis).

I thought it was Westgate but, I don't see any chassis offered by them.

Just a suggestion, but depending on the weight of the components, you might want to consider steel rather than aluminum.

Once you've planned where each component would be best located, you can sketch out a full-scale template, and a sheet metal shop could knock it out professionally for not very much. Or a high school or trade school student could do it as a project for the cost of the material.

Where can a fellow find a chassis to house a bunch of components to assemble a multi-band single hole amplifier.

So, I have every thing that I need, just need something / someway of housing it so that my conscientious critics are stifled. I do not want to go the "make-your-own-with-angle-and-pop rivets" route.

Frontal dimentions are about 17 inches long (5.0 inchs + another 12 inches for the Tank circuit mounting chassis, relays, switches , etc.) and about 14 inches high. Have not figured depth yet as the Blower location gas not been finalized (bottow or rear of tube chassis).

I thought it was Westgate but, I don't see any chassis offered by them.

Westgate was offering the chassis that "FatBoy" is selling.

ICAManufacturing.com - AC Cabinets

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.