• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Always used 213 is there an beter coax?

Easterbunny online

Apr 7, 2005
Netherlands
www.cbradio.nl
I hope to put an new base station up this weekend. I will replace all coax and i was wondering. I have always used RG 213 coax. But maybe there is somthing beter around???

Base

Galaxy Saturn (got it for free!!!!)

no amp (yet!!!)

Sigma 4 (have to put it up as soon as possible)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mobile

Midland 100+

CTE 737

Wilson lille will </p>

I hope to put an new base station up this weekend. I will replace all coax and i was wondering. I have always used RG 213 coax. But maybe there is somthing beter around???

Base

Galaxy Saturn (got it for free!!!!)

no amp (yet!!!)

Sigma 4 (have to put it up as soon as possible)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mobile

Midland 100+

CTE 737

Wilson lille will </p>

Hello Easter bunny, 213 is a good coax, but might i recomend a Rg-217 coax. It is VERY strong and very good, i would jump over to that if you pocket will let you, it is $1.34 a foot (not bad) but not 30 cents either!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

Hello Easter bunny, 213 is a good coax, but might i recomend a Rg-217 coax. It is VERY strong and very good, i would jump over to that if you pocket will let you, it is $1.34 a foot (not bad) but not 30 cents either!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

The best I have used is "BuryFlex" by Davis RF. About $.60 cents a foot. Used with standard PL259's too. Check it out at

www.davisrf.com It is very flexible and so durable it can be buried, very low loss also.

Hossless

</p>

The best I have used is "BuryFlex" by Davis RF. About $.60 cents a foot. Used with standard PL259's too. Check it out at

www.davisrf.com It is very flexible and so durable it can be buried, very low loss also.

Hossless

</p>

ditto on the 'Buryflex". Good stuff, use it in the mobile.

Wayne C.

CDX-787

mobile/base

Magna Force 900/KLV-550

HR2600/HR 2510

MR. COILY Single Coil/Wolf .64

D104M6B/Turner +3 desk

Every man is a damn fool for at least 5 minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

educate-01sig.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=eduk8tr>EDUK8TR</A> at: 9/16/03 2:44 pm

ditto on the 'Buryflex". Good stuff, use it in the mobile.

Wayne C.

CDX-787

mobile/base

Magna Force 900/KLV-550

HR2600/HR 2510

MR. COILY Single Coil/Wolf .64

D104M6B/Turner +3 desk

Every man is a damn fool for at least 5 minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

educate-01sig.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=eduk8tr>EDUK8TR</A> at: 9/16/03 2:44 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.