• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Am-Comm Penetrator 1000 Base Linear Amplifier

lucky43113

Jul 26, 2022
Does anyone know what an Am-Comm Penetrator 1000 Base Linear Amplifier is supposed to put out? Also what dead key? The seller claims This is a nice, clean amp. It is a 2 pill (sd1076) solid state unit. Driving it with 2 watts it will do 100. If you drive it with 30 watts it will do 600 according to information based on the web forums.

Thats almost funny! Please do not belive some of the stuff you read on ebay,'Even more from people trying to sell things. 100 watts sounds about right drive it with 30 and bad things will happen.

Reactions: midnight special
Thats almost funny! Please do not belive some of the stuff you read on ebay,'Even more from people trying to sell things. 100 watts sounds about right drive it with 30 and bad things will happen.
He told me he used it to drive his 8 pill. I didn't buy it

The SD1076 transistor dates from the late 1970s. A data sheet has never been posted online where I could find it.

But here is a catalog list of some sort. Says it's rated for 70 Watts output, with 13.5 db power gain. That's a gain factor of about twenty to one. Should suggest that a single transistor needs about 3.5 Watts drive to get 70 Watts out.

Does say it's meant for a 12-Volt power supply. Might check inside this one to see if it's "cheating" with a high power supply voltage.

This thing is really old. If it has survived this long with original transistors, that would really be some performance record.

Attachments

• SD1076_etc.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 6
The SD1076 transistor dates from the late 1970s. A data sheet has never been posted online where I could find it.

But here is a catalog list of some sort. Says it's rated for 70 Watts output, with 13.5 db power gain. That's a gain factor of about twenty to one. Should suggest that a single transistor needs about 3.5 Watts drive to get 70 Watts out.

Does say it's meant for a 12-Volt power supply. Might check inside this one to see if it's "cheating" with a high power supply voltage.

This thing is really old. If it has survived this long with original transistors, that would really be some performance record.

Wow I passed on it but thats interesting information.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.